The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
smbrouss70

Thumbs up Early Classic Enterprises

I've had my 4.5/6 drop on my truck for almost a year now, and I love it. Great quality, and great service. I ordered my disc brakes from them at the same time and after it was installed, the left front brake was dragging. I called Dave at ECE, he put me in touch with their Raybestos Rep. and the two of us tried to figure out what was wrong. We couldn't pinpoint it, so Dave sent me a new caliper and a new spindle, free of charge. He told me to change either or both of the parts until it was "right" and included the return shipping label to send the bad parts back, so that absolutely no money came out of my pocket.

Then while on a business trip near Fresno, CA, I stopped in to visit. Both Dave & Stan were very happy to greet me and shoot the BS even though I couldn't buy anything from them at the time.

Recently, I destroyed the carrier bearing on my 2-piece driveshaft, when I was trying to decide if I should go with a 1-piece, my wife told me to call Dave and see what he thought. Even though I still wasn't buying anything from him he was more than happy to give me advice based on his experiences with these trucks, which he has tons of.

I think what impresses me the most though is that every time I deal with Dave, he remembers who I am and we chat like we've been friends for years. Dave and the rest of the guys at ECE definately get a HUGE thumbs up from me. They have the absolute best Customer Service that I have ever dealt with. I will continue to buy everything that I need from them, even if they are a little bit more than the other guys.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 10-15-2004 at 03:02 PM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

I had a wonderful purchase experience with them today. I will be looking forware to shopping through them again.

Ordered the GenIII motor mount kit for the new LS1/T56 coming in tomorrow. Can't wait to get the kit!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
Coursey

Re: Early Classic Enterprises

I was looking at a 4.5/6" drop too.

How do you like it?

Did you have any clearance issues?

Did it require a c-notch?

Any pics of a side veiw of the truck?
Coursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
smbrouss70

Re: Early Classic Enterprises

On my truck, I didn't need a c-notch until I decided to go lower. I had some serious rubber rake (26" tall front tire, 29" tall rear tire) on that truck back then so it doesn't give a good idea of the stance, but here you go.

I just put the same kit on my Blazer and I did need a c-notch due to the extra weight of the fiberglass top. Some people say you don't need one at that drop, some say you do. I guess it is best to drop it, drive it, and see if you feel that you need a c-notch.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote