The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Suspension, Steering and Brakes > Wheels and Tires

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Coy Wheels Don't Fit Chevy Trucks...

Without some extra work.
You really have to check clearances, when you are first installing wheels or any other after market parts. Here are some pics of problem areas.
First the wheels on the front would not go on all the way. They looked OK, but I could feel them going on the hub hard. When I checked there was a gap between the wheel and brake rotor. Smaller grease cups didn't cure it.
The inside of the wheel was too tight to go over the hubs in two areas...sanding drums on die grinder opened the wheels up enough to go on until the end of the rotor by the grease cup hit the wheel cap...I could either use spacers on the cap (that looked goofy) or grind the ends of the rotor hubs...grind away.
When they would finally go on easy and the caps cleared...I realized the valve stems hit the rotors. I guess that will call for breaking down the tires and installing some kind of angled stems???
Those open spoke areas sure show all of the rust & dirt behind the wheels, so I guess I am going to have to do some clean up & paint.
Next comes the fit on the rear wheels...
Attached Images