The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
shawno72
C/10 junkie

Shawno72's long overdue 68 daily driver build thread

Ok so I been on this forum for over 2 years now and have had several trucks. I have been asked a lot about a build thread so I will start by bringing this year and four month build up to date. I am not good at taking many pics of my work in progress but do try and take as many as I can remember.

First off let me start by telling you a little about myself. I love these old trucks it don't matter. I am the manager at the Lodi Midas and have a deal to buy the place within the next few years. Until then I have access to everything in the shop including the guys to help me with the hard stuff like rebuilding the suspension and running the exhaust. Other than that I do all the work myself and love it.

Ok enough about me lets get to the truck, here she was the day I bought her. I paid more than she was worth but considering the overall originalilty of her I was happy with the purchase. Part of the deal was the po had to replace the rockers, luckily he was a body and did a good job. I am the third owner with the second owner, the guy who I bought it from, buying it long enough to flip it. I have all the original paperwork and it was sold locally, Chase Chevorlet of Stockoton, so these were key factors in my purchase. Clean title black plates and completely farm fresh, the way I like to find them. According to the original owner the truck was originally a stepper but back in 1972 he took it back to Chase Chevrolet and said "I need a bigger bed", so the installed a fleetside and painted the truck white. Originally it was 514 red and I will eventually go back to that color, one of my favorites.

Pics
Name:  Picture 014.jpg
Views: 8155
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  Picture 007.jpg
Views: 8177
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  Picture 006.jpg
Views: 8184
Size:  79.1 KB

Name:  Picture 011.jpg
Views: 8169
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  Picture 005.jpg
Views: 8150
Size:  64.9 KB

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote