The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2016, 01:38 AM   #1
Rioriv

Intro, and progress to date.

Hey Everyone, I'm somewhere into my first restoration and I've chosen a 1963 c10 SWB roller. I bought it on eBay, and, go figure, the pictures weren't accurate. I don't mind rust repair, but the killer on this one was the windshield frame was rotted out. Luckily, I found a 62 locally, and picked it up for $300 with a sbc400 and th350. The frame had been c notched, but the 4link attempt was a miserable failure. He did have a Ford 9", but ultimately, I decided to only keep the cab. I gave the 400sbc to my father in law for the help he's given me (he built his 64 Nova from a roller) the th350 was sold, the Ford 9" was sold, and the frame was chopped and scrapped due to unsafe work. It also has perfect glass.

Fast forward 2months, and I've now completed the cab swap and rebuilt the 5.3 lm7 and 4l60e that will be going in. I've cut out all the rust, and ordered OEM panels from LMC truck. I have a 1989 31gal blazer tank to rear mount, aluminum 3/8 hardline and a few feet of steel braid. I've got my motor mounts and motor position sorted, but still haven't found the post for a 4l60e. LSX4U is building me a harness right now. I'll expect to see that within 2 weeks or so. Engine data will come from a edge performance programmer. I'm also looking for a way to convert my original speedo to electronic. I don't want to go Dakota, and prefer to avoid the cable x if possible. It's likely I'll rebuild the original using a avalanche or Silverado speedo. Still no exhaust solution. But everything else is looking good!

It's a long intro, but hey, it's a long project! I'm horrible about posting pics. Most work is done on my own since the Father in Law tore up his hand. Anyway, I'll be poking around and learning. Occasionally asking dumb questions, and undoubtedly making mistakes along the way. Feel free to chime in. If anyone is in my area, I'll come hand you tools just to learn!
Rioriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:43 AM   #2
Rioriv

Re: Intro, and progress to date.

Progress, if we want to call it that.
Attached Images

Rioriv is offline   Reply With Quote