The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #151
SEVEN

Re: Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

I ordered some swap headers, BH13173, but was told today they have been discontinued and no alternative is available. Checked Holley's website and I don't see any long tube headers listed for LS swaps into 67-72 trucks. Already ordered the crossmember and exhaust system to ensure it all fit, but now no headers. Anyone know why?
SEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:58 PM   #152
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
I ordered some swap headers, BH13173, but was told today they have been discontinued and no alternative is available. Checked Holley's website and I don't see any long tube headers listed for LS swaps into 67-72 trucks. Already ordered the crossmember and exhaust system to ensure it all fit, but now no headers. Anyone know why?
That part number has been obsoleted to make way for a new designed header for the same application, which should be close to be getting through its first production run in the coming month.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:11 PM   #153
SEVEN

Good to know, thanks.

Will the existing exhaust system and crossmember designed to work with the old, work with the new design?

Does the new design offer clearance for wide frames, where old design apparently did not?

Can you pass along the new part number, as I'll order it when it's available.
SEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:11 AM   #154
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
Good to know, thanks.

Will the existing exhaust system and crossmember designed to work with the old, work with the new design?

Does the new design offer clearance for wide frames, where old design apparently did not?

Can you pass along the new part number, as I'll order it when it's available.
Yes, the new headers will work with the other existing parts for this application. The new headers will fit 1968-87 C10 trucks and were designed for compatibility with our favored engine mounting set-up the uses 4th-Gen F-body type motor mounts. The 1963-67 wide frame trucks will be covered by their own specific header design/part number. I’m not permitted to post part numbers or photos of products until they are released, but I will do so in this thread as soon as I see that happen.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #155
AliB

Did any managed to install the 3" or 2.5" exhaust system? would love to hear it running before getting one. I plan on doing the whole system engine stands, trans cross member, and trailing arm cross memeber.
AliB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:15 PM   #156
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
Did any managed to install the 3" or 2.5" exhaust system? would love to hear it running before getting one. I plan on doing the whole system engine stands, trans cross member, and trailing arm cross memeber.
A page or two back someone has pictures installed. I "believe" they have it running.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #157
rin68

I've got a 5.3 build that was finished before these Holley parts were out. It has the GM muscle car pan on it. Will that work with the Holley LS swap parts or will I need to swap to a 302-2 pan?

(I've got the full Holley LS swap system going in my 69 Camaro and it's great stuff, thanks for the all the work that has gone in to these great systems)
Old 01-12-2021, 09:21 AM   #158
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rin68 View Post
I've got a 5.3 build that was finished before these Holley parts were out. It has the GM muscle car pan on it. Will that work with the Holley LS swap parts or will I need to swap to a 302-2 pan?

(I've got the full Holley LS swap system going in my 69 Camaro and it's great stuff, thanks for the all the work that has gone in to these great systems)
Hello rin68. Although I never attempted to installing an LS using the Hooker Blackheart swap components and that specific pan, my guess is you will experience interference between the front end of the pan and the steering center link if you try to do so. The Holley 302-2 and 302-3 pans are 1.25" tall at their front profile and the LH8/hot rod pan is 2.5" tall. There is about a 1" clearance gap between the 302-3 pan and the center link on our 64 project truck that I just took a look at and the 67-72 truck has a little more clearance, but not much.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:56 AM   #159
Marine15Z28

I installed the Holley Black hearts mounts with a stock C10 trans crossmember and Speed Engineering headers. All fit well, driver side 1/8” grind on the bracket but didn’t need to. Stock truck pans fits fine just a little rub on the steering shaft and below crossmember, if you’re not lowering the truck you’ll be ok. I can shim the brackets up 1/8” to 3/16 and it’ll be fine. But I’ll probably switch to CTSV oil pan because I have it. The bolts that came with the brackets don’t even cover the brackets well. Heard someone here they now provide some diffrent mount bolts.
Attached Images

Marine15Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:06 AM   #160
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Talking Re: Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine15Z28 View Post
I installed the Holley Black hearts mounts with a stock C10 trans crossmember and Speed Engineering headers. All fit well, driver side 1/8” grind on the bracket but didn’t need to. Stock truck pans fits fine just a little rub on the steering shaft and below crossmember, if you’re not lowering the truck you’ll be ok. I can shim the brackets up 1/8” to 3/16 and it’ll be fine. But I’ll probably switch to CTSV oil pan because I have it. The bolts that came with the brackets don’t even cover the brackets well. Heard someone here they now provide some diffrent mount bolts.
Lol, little rub on the pil pan to a steeing component that moves constabtly and an engine that shakes fits fine must be a joke.. not to mention when the engine mounts wear out... smh

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:24 AM   #161
Marine15Z28

Just reference points to who ever was thinking about the truck oil pan. Plenty of room to shim up with the 4l80e. Don’t know about other transmissions. Still running stock low tunnel. Ditching the Tejas and other mounts. These look like the way to go for my personal LT5 setup as they work for LS/LT swaps. Even fitted the stock AC bracket and compressor.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:35 AM   #162
Marine15Z28

Just reference points to who ever was thinking about the truck oil pan. Plenty of room to shim up with the 4l80e. Don’t know about other transmissions. Still running stock low tunnel. Ditching the Tejas and other mounts. These look like the way to go for my personal LT5 setup as they work for LS/LT swaps. Even fitted the stock AC bracket and compressor.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #163
clay68c10

Stick your CTS pan on and all the clearance problems will disappear.
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ
clay68c10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #164
Marine15Z28

Engine angle 3 degrees back, truck pan clears with just about 1/2”. Still hangs below crossmember about 1.75”. If you have stock height truck you shouldn’t have a problem. Of course the CTSV plan will clear. I still have about 3/4” of tunnel clearance with the 4l80e.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #165
chad64chevy

Toddoky- the instructions show the hanger for the mufflers bolting to the crossmember! Does this come in the kit? Along with the other hangers not show with the kit??
Posted via Mobile Device
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #166
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
Toddoky- the instructions show the hanger for the mufflers bolting to the crossmember! Does this come in the kit? Along with the other hangers not show with the kit??
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, all the required hangers are included in the kit. If they are not in your kit, you'll need to place a call to Holley Customer Service to get it remedied.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:12 PM   #167
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I purchased this kit (2.5") and wanted to give my thoughts for those thinking about it. My set up is a little different than all of the Holley parts recommended as they were not available when I was installing everything. I have a 6.0 sitting on POL stands. 4L80e trans with Dirty Dingo cross member. Speed Engineering Long Tube headers. I had already cut the holes in my trail arm cross member and they are not exactly where Holley have theirs as mine sit closer to the frame rails, but are 4" holes.

The kit fits amazingly well from the rear bumper to the h-pipe. The quality of the kit and the brackets are top notch. I highly recommend the kit over having a shop build you a stainless system.

The downside, if you want to call it that, is hooking up the H-pipe section to the headers. The headers sit lower than what the pipe is. I ended up having a local shop fabricate up some pipe to make the connection. I wasn't too bad to have done, but I could not find a local shop that could do mandrel bends, so I had to go with the old press bends. At some point I will put cut-outs in and have mandrel bends installed.

If anyone wants pics of my install let me know.
Please post up your pictures, I have speed engineering long tube headers, and 4l60e! I’m wanting to order the 2.5” kit rear exit kit
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2021, 08:16 PM   #168
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
Yes, all the required hangers are included in the kit. If they are not in your kit, you'll need to place a call to Holley Customer Service to get it remedied.
Have you guys got anywhere with the other c10? I have a 66 c10 what 2.5” kit number would be a better fit over the ones for 67-72?? Also I have the cpp bend pan hard bar that runs from the driver side frame to the passenger side trailering arm! Will these kit clear the bar??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2021, 07:35 AM   #169
toddoky

Quote:
Have you guys got anywhere with the other c10? I have a 66 c10 what 2.5” kit number would be a better fit over the ones for 67-72?? Also I have the cpp bend pan hard bar that runs from the driver side frame to the passenger side trailering arm! Will these kit clear the bar??
Posted via Mobile Device
The exhaust system fitment is the same on the 65-72 C10's; the 63 and 64 models will need to have the rear track bar frame bracket relocated further back on the frame rail to where it is located on the 65-72 truck frames. Compatibility with the CPP bar shouldn't an issue as I validated the fitment of one during the prototyping of the exhaust systems. I don't recall whether is was of bent or straight geometry however. This image shows the clearance path I designed into the passenger side tailpipe to allow clearance for aftermarket track bars that attach to the bottom of the trailing arm.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2021, 03:39 PM   #170
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
The exhaust system fitment is the same on the 65-72 C10's; the 63 and 64 models will need to have the rear track bar frame bracket relocated further back on the frame rail to where it is located on the 65-72 truck frames. Compatibility with the CPP bar shouldn't an issue as I validated the fitment of one during the prototyping of the exhaust systems. I don't recall whether is was of bent or straight geometry however. This image shows the clearance path I designed into the passenger side tailpipe to allow clearance for aftermarket track bars that attach to the bottom of the trailing arm.
What is the eta for the BH13194 kit? Holley website says middle of May!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2021, 08:18 PM   #171
toddoky

Quote:
What is the eta for the BH13194 kit? Holley website says middle of May!
Posted via Mobile Device
I have no way to give you a reliable answer to that question as I have no involvement with the production side of the business. I do know from experience however that parts have ended up back in inventory far in advance of the dates posted on the website. Covid would most likely have had an impact on our production operations as is has with most other industries.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:14 AM   #172
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

check my build thread for more...1971 Stepside LS Build
Attached Images

1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:47 PM   #173
LS short box

Looks very nice. I would move the right hand exhaust pipe to the right a bit from the trailing arm opening just a bit more.
Again looks very cool.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:31 AM   #174
my kids toy

Seeing we can not purchase these can you tell us what mandrel bends for the over axle tail pipes we need to buy so we can make our own ?
I have been on the waiting list with Holley for 2 estimated shipping dates now and they never ship and I have waited months now for one and the next round is almost 5 months out, they told me before that 5 were in the works and I was # 3 on the list but they never get shipped and this is the last piece of my build that I needed to buy.
my kids toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #175
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kids toy View Post
Seeing we can not purchase these can you tell us what mandrel bends for the over axle tail pipes we need to buy so we can make our own ?
I have been on the waiting list with Holley for 2 estimated shipping dates now and they never ship and I have waited months now for one and the next round is almost 5 months out, they told me before that 5 were in the works and I was # 3 on the list but they never get shipped and this is the last piece of my build that I needed to buy.
I can empathize with your frustration with the availability of these systems. Although I don't know the specifics, I know the Covid situation has created sourcing issues for Holley as it has for most other manufacturers across the country. The entire system is designed on a 4" center line radius, so that is what you would need to purchase if you want to make your own system in its likeness.