The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2021, 04:32 PM   #26
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Cab Roof Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasey Harley View Post
Dang. I wish I had friends like you!! Well done
It goes both ways. He helps me out with engine work, we trade parts as needed, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre View Post
I get most of my parts from bowtie truck stop. Kevin and Lisa are great people and have always done right by me. Whenever I go up there on a parts run, I plan on an extra 45 minutes of talking to them.

What are you planning on using for drip rail sealer? I used some stuff from 3M and have found it peeling out. I think it's because I was lazy and didn't remove the factory ecoat from the new roof panel and the sealer didn't stick to it. I need to clean out all of the sealer and grind away the ecoat.
I don't remember what I used on my 71. It's been like 8 years, but I think it was the 3M one. Should only need to scuff the e-coat to get things to stick on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
I,d just have looked for a nicer cab personally
There was already a bunch of money spent on acquiring the cab (it was pretty much rust free when purchased) but the damage came later from sitting outside and rodents. So do you throw it out or hope to get something for it selling as is or fix it? Lots of better cabs around but they're not bargains. He spent around $600-650 in patch panels. Can't find a decent cab for twice that much.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote