The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #26
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Re: Whos here?

open an account on imagestation.com (free), upload pics to your account from your computer (easy). Right click on a pic from your account on imagestation and select "properties". Copy the whole file path to your pic and past in this link on a post here using the little yellow box up above (creates the image link) .

77 K5 - 383, auto, 6" lift, D60 front, 14b rear, 39" tsl's,
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:16 AM   #27
1976K5CHALET

Allright jake...got all that biz done...now lets see if it works. If it works this is my 79 K5 after gm fenders...hood and tailgate and paint. Pic was taken at Freightliner Of Arizona...worked there for 7 years.

And another...

DW

Last edited by 1976K5CHALET; 06-05-2006 at 01:05 AM.
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:48 AM   #28
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

you almost got it, but you copied the properties from the thump pic instead of the regular sized pic. In image station, click on the pic first, then do the property copy past thingy

Old 06-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #29
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

you almost got it, but you copied the properties from the thump pic instead of the regular sized pic. In image station, click on the pic first, then do the property copy past thingy

Lets see if I can post for you: These are for 76K5CHALET:

Last edited by jakeslim; 06-05-2006 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:27 AM   #30
1976K5CHALET

After that first stage things started to go down hill...i like to wheel to much and a mall cruiser wasn't going to do it for me.....

After amassing a few minor dings here and there the wife would get after me...so on a saturday in 03 i squeezed it into the garage (literally)...tore it down...and got after it with the DA. The following day i bought the owner of MACO a big bottle of scotch to say thanx and had my wifes cousin shoot it in thier booth. The reasoning was dents and scrapes are cheaper and easier to fix with a rattle can.

First official wheelin trip after the paint job....Easter Jeep Safari 2003. This is was the monday run with JP and 4 Wheeler magazine. Rained all day but a week in moab regardless of weather is allways better than a week at work. My friend stephen from ORD is kind enough to invite me to run with the big dogs every year. Got a cool plastic 4 wheeler license plate out of the deal...but no rag shot like i got a few years back in offroad when she was still pretty.

After the EJS o3 run she sat in the back yard for quite an extended period of time as i was flat busy. After 1.5 years (lol) i finally drug her back out and fixed the intermitant miss (coil-tbi) and aquired the much needed arb for the front end as it was discovered on Hell's Revenge the front end wasn't pulling anymore. And with a family and being the only source of income it took that long doing sidework to buy a used arb for a front 10B...chrome moly shafts...etc. And not to mention the birth of my daughter...an allmost deployment to iraq a week after my son was born last year...and trying to get our new house up to snuff. So we squeezed it into the garage once again and waded in. After the shafts-superjoints-arb-custom engine xmember-xover sterring-trans service- motor work-etc. were done she sat once again as my new job and career in the oilfield keeps me in the patch for weeks at a time. Keep in mind up until ejs 0f 03 the 79 had been my daily driver for ever i think. And ever since it was put out of service the chalet became my daily driver....

The work area cluttered with parts and tools.
I managed to tear into the wiring to re-arrange a few circuits and do some custom wiring. That didn't get to far but i did manage to install the NOS GI M1009 cold weather covers. (Was working in wyoming last year-found a new definition to the word cold.). Engine kinda had a 15 psi all the time oil psi issue i had ignored for years...so while it was down... Cam bearings were the culprit in the 5 year old gm crate so i added ever so slightly used tbi heads an a slightly upgraded tbi cam as i had all ready 4 years or so earlier converted her. And i have yet to drive it since then as i trailered in to ORD in glenwood for a little work. Now adays i can afford the parts and let some one else do the labor so the wife relented as we were now selling the house and off to ORD she went. Should be done very soon...thought it might even be done this last week but stephen went to mexico to run in the baja 500....so maybe this week.

Thanx again Jake!

DW

DW

Last edited by 1976K5CHALET; 06-05-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #31
1976K5CHALET

Ok, here's the skinny. I was hatched in montebello california many moons ago. Which does mean i was born in east LA...just like cheech. Sorry...cheap shot. Anyways after allmost 4 years in west germany during the cold war days i ETS'd and flew home. And eventually ended up in Banzai Cruisers. At the time Banzai was the one of the largest truck clubs in socal....and for a while there life was good. I lived in the same apartments as the prez (ty millard) and a most unusual member also lived there and owned a sweet...and i do mean sweet 71-2 2wd K5. His name was brian mc cormick. Some of you might recognize the name as brian used to be the head cheese at truckin back in those days. It was some good times back then....just a 1/8th mile from the partment was shakeys where we meet...and all of us banzai members that lived there would hang out together and drink at night in the hot tub and get twisted. Anyways i think brian works for 10 magazine right now....but his K5 left a lasting impression. So after having the chalet and the 79...and 2 or 3 K5 parts trucks in the back yard i decided it was time to find one of my own. I ended up with a gen 2 79 that i rescued out of a field in montrose colorado. So far it hasn't cost me a dime...long story...but to say the least i think the 12 bolt coming out of the 79 4wd which is set up with 4.10's and a detroit locker are going to a new home...hint. Anyways...she ain't pretty...has a lot of rust...but she was free...sort of...and its something to start with. But then again shortly after aquiring her Jonboy had to mention his 77 full vert....soooooo....

Diamond in the rough....

Safe at home.

The 77-90 Jimmy- and my chalet will follow in a day or two. Need to crash. Sorry if i seem like an instant pic whore but i've been a member of CK5 since 99...i have a couple years on this board...and i helped my friend aaron with input to make blazerchalet.com...and after all of that i just hours ago learned this neat little trick...lol.

DW
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #32
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

I come in here every now and again, just to see what's going on. My real name is Toby. I am in the service, currently stationed in Egypt, and really miss being able to turn wrenches on my trucks.I found I got more response on the 73-87 truck forum. N2Trux is familiar with my blaze's build, but I will post a pic any way.
The begining,

The end,

Building Nemo -1968 C10 Long Bed

FRED -1947 KB-2 International
sixty8c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #33
1976K5CHALET

Hey 68...i do remember following your swap. Good pics. I believe i saved them so if i ever had the need...

What do you do in the USA? I just threw in the towel with 15 years. Got 6 left in the IRR so i might end up in the sandbox at some point...which will suck as i'm an old soldier from way back. Did my 4 years of active duty in west germany during the tail end of the cold war. I'm a 63B10H8.

Try to hang out here in the blazer forum as i am going to try also. Owning 6 of them i have a lot of accumulated knowledge over the years. And i have been with CK5 since day one or two and have never missed the annual gathering in Moab. So i got it bad when it comes to K5's....

DW
Old 06-06-2006, 03:43 AM   #34
sixty8c10
MY EX DRIVES A BROOM

I am an active duty soldier, a utility helicopter mechanic.

Building Nemo -1968 C10 Long Bed

FRED -1947 KB-2 International
sixty8c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #35
wedgemon

Anyone have more pics of this one. Diggin the paint and need more info.

Thanks!
- Dave

RETIRED: 1980 Scottsdale 4x4

Founding Member:
"TILT WHEEL BELLY." Club
wedgemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #36
1976K5CHALET

sixty8...back in the day when i arrived in hermany...i was one seat away from going to an armor division up north but got called next...ended up going to the 205th trans which was actually an avim unit. Based out of fliegerhorst kaserne in hanau we did 3rd shop maint. on helo's. We were also the only SSA in 5th core at the time. And since this was back in the day we maintained the army's only fixed wing aircraft still on the books and flying missions. I don't remember the name or model of her but she looked like a mesquito as the cockpit canopy's were like two bubbles and she actually had ash trashs in the cockpit....lol. They used to fly them on patrols along the czech border back in the fulda gap days....

DW
Old 06-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #37
Chevrolet4x4s

Here Often
Shane

1985 K10 Silverado Vortec 406 5 speed (in body shop)
"I been drivin' this '85 pickup truck Them buddies of mine call it a bucket of rust She's a little beat up but she still runs like the wind Yeah, kinda like me I been banged and bruisedBeen around the block a time or two But I'm runnin' like new goin' places I never been
No, I ain't broke I'm just broken in"
1963 Dodge Townwagon(its amazng what 30 years and zero miles will do to a vehicle )
Member#20327
Chevrolet4x4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #38
kevinr1970

I'd kill for your roof rack and air deflector. If you ever decide to "smooth" your truck, put me on the list for the left-overs!
Hell, the manual rear window would be nice too!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976K5CHALET
Ok, here's the skinny. I was hatched in montebello california many moons ago. Which does mean i was born in east LA...just like cheech. Sorry...cheap shot. Anyways after allmost 4 years in west germany during the cold war days i ETS'd and flew home. And eventually ended up in Banzai Cruisers. At the time Banzai was the one of the largest truck clubs in socal....and for a while there life was good. I lived in the same apartments as the prez (ty millard) and a most unusual member also lived there and owned a sweet...and i do mean sweet 71-2 2wd K5. His name was brian mc cormick. Some of you might recognize the name as brian used to be the head cheese at truckin back in those days. It was some good times back then....just a 1/8th mile from the partment was shakeys where we meet...and all of us banzai members that lived there would hang out together and drink at night in the hot tub and get twisted. Anyways i think brian works for 10 magazine right now....but his K5 left a lasting impression. So after having the chalet and the 79...and 2 or 3 K5 parts trucks in the back yard i decided it was time to find one of my own. I ended up with a gen 2 79 that i rescued out of a field in montrose colorado. So far it hasn't cost me a dime...long story...but to say the least i think the 12 bolt coming out of the 79 4wd which is set up with 4.10's and a detroit locker are going to a new home...hint. Anyways...she ain't pretty...has a lot of rust...but she was free...sort of...and its something to start with. But then again shortly after aquiring her Jonboy had to mention his 77 full vert....soooooo....

Diamond in the rough....

Safe at home.

The 77-90 Jimmy- and my chalet will follow in a day or two. Need to crash. Sorry if i seem like an instant pic whore but i've been a member of CK5 since 99...i have a couple years on this board...and i helped my friend aaron with input to make blazerchalet.com...and after all of that i just hours ago learned this neat little trick...lol.

DW
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)

Last edited by kevinr1970; 06-08-2006 at 08:13 PM.
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #39
1976K5CHALET

Kevin...as of yet i have no plans to retain most of those parts you mentioned. But so we don't break any forum rules pm me and i'll chat with you about it there.

This thing also has that non factory add on air from back in the day...lol.

DW
Old 06-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #40
obsesive23
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemon
Anyone have more pics of this one. Diggin the paint and need more info.

Thanks!
- Dave

That's a photoshop of this pic...

There are a few more of it on my photobucket account, just click the link at the bottom of my sig.

72 2WD Blazer, under going porter built surgery
67 GT Mustang fastback
67 Mustang coupe C/S clone
64 Falcon sprint hardtop
obsesive23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #41
wedgemon

I THOUGHT the trees looked familiar. Pretty good PS, fooled me.

- Dave

RETIRED: 1980 Scottsdale 4x4

Founding Member:
"TILT WHEEL BELLY." Club
wedgemon is offline   Reply With Quote