The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
dammitmitchell
the pollock

Angry LMC tips..

hey all,
SO i made the mistake of buying from LMC....
probably nto going to do that...ever..not to happy with what ive gotten..

installed my hood pop cable today.. mounted... gave it it's first test pull..
and it worked! until i went to pull my hand away and the damnned handle came with it...

im activley choosing to not become infuriated...
but i WILL not pay for another "new one"..
so...

any tips on how to handle these guys when i call in tomorrow?

thanks..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: LMC tips..

tell them exactly what you told us and dispute the charge if they give you a hard time. ID tell them they should send you a replacement free as well as shipping AND a post paid wrapper if they want the old one back. Explain to them if the second one fails you expect a full refund and thats the end of your patronage there AND tell them about this post

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
boatpuller

no tip's mitch......but,if i can get it some where else beside's lmc i do.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

look over the review board at the other lmc sucks posts and see how they did it.
not bein wise, just never know what ya can learn from others dealings
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
hounddogs!
Restoring it $200 at a time...

Nothing but explain the situation.....

You've ordered and installed this part (like many other transactions you've had with them.....) and it failed on the first use. You are not satisfied and expect them to ship a functional replacement at no cost. If that means that they open the bag and pull on the handle before it leaves Lenexa, so be it.

Anything less is unacceptable customer service. No sense getting PO'd at LMC right off the bat; the guy in China told them that they were all A-#1 parts. Get PO'd at them if they don't take care of you.

'68 5.3L-4 speed LWB C20; grandpa bought it for the farm in '71. Now LS 5.3, rather than 327.

DD '09 Pilot

Weekender '65 Skylark 300-4V-4 speed

Wife's '07 Lexus ES350; 117 actuator motors and I can't see the engine.

Son's '04 F250 SuperCab 6.0
hounddogs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
maddog1331

I've only ordered from them once, and they messed up the order. I will personally avoid them based on that and the other 'LMC sucks' posts on here. Pretty bad when your first experience is a messed up order....I don't have the time to deal with incompetence.

And, no, I didn't bother to call them to straighten out the order, it was an inexpensive item that another guy I knew could use, so I just gave it away. So no input on their return policy, but based on first impression they suck, and are incompetent. :P
maddog1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #7
sjarrett71

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddogs! View Post
No sense getting PO'd at LMC right off the bat; the guy in China told them that they were all A-#1 parts. Get PO'd at them if they don't take care of you.
Good point. LMC is just the middle man. They didn't actually make the part. The time to get PO'd is after they fail at customer service to make it right.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

LMC= "Like My Catelog"?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
joedoozer
is Certifiable

I just deleted the link to LMC from my bookmarks . It's amazing how things spread. In the age of the internet, good products and good service are more important than ever. I will never buy from them now, just because of what I have read on here.

As for a tip. Calm and cool, and polite (coming from someone who blows up easy). If you go in with an attitude, you will almost always get an attitude in return. You paid for a product and expected it to work, they understand that as well. Give them an honest chance to correct the situation. The minute you see things going bad.......go crazy on them haha.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I don't order from LMC unless absolutely necessary. Though I got a bad wiper switch from them and they sent me a new one no questions asked.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
big_al_71

You get more with honey than ypou do with vinegar so be nice explain and I am sure it will all work out...LMC is great!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I like LMC..They've always done right by me.I have purchased tons of stuff from them and will continue to do so..I can drive up there and inspect the part before I leave.They are open on sundays too.That is super handy...Sorry about your experience with them.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
dammitmitchell
the pollock

WOW!

i called and explained what happened and the customer service lady was
"well ok sir not a problem we understand this happens sometimes and we'll ship you a new one out today"..
up beat happy to help me everything..

that's a first...

sweet.. well.. im happy with them.. but i'll be mroe picky on the parts i order from now on.. i got kinda jewed due to my own impatience....

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
dammitmitchell
the pollock

and well.. damnnnit....
i FINALLY got a shipping conformation today....
lame...... but hey free replacement parts i guess yaaaayyy

Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Sorry for digging up an old thread but thought i might give a little Credit to them
have had sevrel deals with them and all of them have been great and handled very profissionel, had placed an ordered a ignition lock cylinder and forgot i also need a starter relay, so i had to place a secound order, emailed them and asked if i could get those to orders put together No Problem.
Items are in decent quality i have ordered alot body panels from them and they have all been decent offcours its not anything near Geniuen Parts but what did you expect when buying REPRO Parts?
i have saved alot of cash from buying from LMC then from stores here in my country even with shipping inclueded!

only really complaint i have is there arnt fast with there shipping info as im out side US sometimes it can take them 2 weeks to get back with the shipping info unless you poke to them about it.

I was reconmend LMC by a good friend state side and would reconmend LMC to others in the future

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
2badgn

I buy misc things from them that r tough to find somewhere else like spare tire carrier, Convex below line passenger mirrror, clear dome light lense, etc. They have been good to me BUT i wouldnt buy body parts from them. Need to do your research
2badgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
Benelli
Watchin the rust grow

I got my battery tray from them. It wasn't anything special, shipping took 4 days and it was the correct part.

It's expensive but I don't know where to get other things.
1979 Chevy K10 (H/D Front end) - 350 w/ Holley Truck Avenger, Weinald Intake manifold, headers, bored .060 over, mild cam, Built up TH350 (TranStar Shift kit) with a part-timed NP203 t-case SOLD ($3,000)
1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 - 4.3 vortec, extended cab, 21 highway MPG, stock. "Red" SOLD ($3,000)
1987 Toyota 4wd Pick-up - work in progress, future DD SOLD ($1,850)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 5spd Quad cab - old 12 valve with some work done
2004 Chevy Silverado - Black, 4x4, 5.3L, stock for now

Underneath that rust is a heart of gold
Benelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
ERASER5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2badgn View Post
BUT i wouldnt buy body parts from them. Need to do your research
??? Just how many different body part manufactures do you think there are? LMC has the same sources that the vendors on this board has. I prefer to use board vendors, but just blindly trashing another company is just wrong.
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
Camaro_nut2001
Chevy Lover Till The End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitmitchell View Post
hey all,
SO i made the mistake of buying from LMC....
probably nto going to do that...ever..not to happy with what ive gotten..

installed my hood pop cable today.. mounted... gave it it's first test pull..
and it worked! until i went to pull my hand away and the damnned handle came with it...

im activley choosing to not become infuriated...
but i WILL not pay for another "new one"..
so...

any tips on how to handle these guys when i call in tomorrow?

thanks..
From personal experience try your best to be nice. Give them a chance on making things right. As we all know we are all human and we do make mistakes and new parts do fail. I remember one time I bought two wheel cylinders from a well respected auto parts store down in town. They carry all name brand parts. It is about an hour drive both ways, 1/2 hr. each way. I got home, installed both cylinders, brakes and started to bleed the system. The next thing I saw was fluid dripping off the bottom of not one but both drums. I took both back off. The next afternoon on my way home from work I go by to take them back. I open the door to hear a feller raising total H**L cause his parts didn't come in on the truck that day. After seeing him act that way I really didn't want to add fuel to the fire so I approached calmly and told the guy what was wrong with the cylinders, nicely. He apologized and promptly got me two more and threw in a free small bottle of fluid. As I was leaving I over heard the two guys talking about that guy raising cain. Long story short, I don't think his parts came in on the next truck either. I got home, put my truck back together and all worked good. My phone wrang as I was walking in the door from the garage and it was the feller from the parts store checking to see if all went well with the new cylinders before he left for the night. I told him yes and thanks for checking as no one had ever done that to me before. They have my business to this day. My point is, be nice as it may get you more than you had before you even bought the parts. Just my 2 cents.
1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe - 327/350hp, TH400, all original.
Members I've met: BamaBaxter,

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=500359
Camaro_nut2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Camaro_nut2001
Chevy Lover Till The End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERASER5 View Post
??? Just how many different body part manufactures do you think there are? LMC has the same sources that the vendors on this board has. I prefer to use board vendors, but just blindly trashing another company is just wrong.
I agree.
1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe - 327/350hp, TH400, all original.
Members I've met: BamaBaxter,

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=500359
Camaro_nut2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #21
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2badgn View Post
I buy misc things from them that r tough to find somewhere else like spare tire carrier, Convex below line passenger mirrror, clear dome light lense, etc. They have been good to me BUT i wouldnt buy body parts from them. Need to do your research
Where would you buy then body parts then? i dont really think thats worth saving 2 dollers buying a cab corner from another place

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
dammitmitchell
the pollock

mikes bump and grind..
hsi stuff is better and reasonably priced
even our local napas switching to them soon as a parts guru

otherwise classic heartbeat and classic industries offer THICKER gauge materials for the same price iffn not cheaper..

anythign ive gotten from classic compared to LMC has been better..
havent gotten any chinese CRAP...

Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 AM   #23
presleyhome

damm it mitchell. Since a few of these responses were tellin ya what happened to you don't matter since they were not you, I thought I'd make sure you knew you were not alone.

I ordered a few hundred bucks of stuff from LMC in the last week. Large stuff, so their "$20 large thing fee" applied. They make a big deal about if you order more than one "big" thing at once, only one "big thing" charge aplies.

Well that did not happen. $20 for each "big" thing happened ( thought I was in a whoe house...) . Imagine that. I responded within a minute or so of the order. Have not yet had a response. And for those of you who think I should call them before I feel blue.....

If I wanted to talk to them, I would have called in the order. If you do business on the internet, you need to respond on the internet, quickly.

LMC flunked this order so far... Why call when I can hammer their email every hour?

So Damm simple.

So for those of you who think that's ok since they did not fault with you....shore it up for them, someone has to.

Jim P

Last edited by presleyhome; 02-24-2010 at 03:54 AM.
presleyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #24
grs

I also bought a wiper switch from LMC. The terminals were loose. I told them it was no good. They were real nice , and credited my credit card. I threw theirs away, and bought a used one.
grs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #25
lilpoindexter

I just bought a 78 C10...I was doing the brakes, and the rear lines were kind of beat up and rusty looking...So I wanted new ones...I looked through the catalog, and found the rear brake lines i needed, and thought it would be good to go ahead and get the front ones...

I could buy straight tube and bend it myself, but I thought, getting prebent stuff was a good idea....

Well some jack ass bent the tubes to stuff them in a small box, after manhandling them into shape, they fit, and didn't leak...

But since the front tubes were "backordered" (no mention of that when I ordered them) they are coming in a separate box, 2 weeks later, at an additional cost of $20 to me.

I haven't received them yet, but I hope they are mangled like the first set.

So far I haven't been happy with LMC...I'm glad I ordered from them early during my ownership of this truck, so I won't waste money on this shady outfit again.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote