The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2022, 02:45 AM   #1
broberson

'70 C10 Radiator Core Support Bushings Install Question

I've looked around on the forums, but I haven't found the correct order of the bushings that the support sits in. Mine were rotted beyond recognition, so I have no reference. I've checked all the websites that I can think of, LMC, Brothers, etc, and they all have the parts bolted together but not the order they go in. When I removed the core support, it definitely seemed like it was sitting down inside a rubber piece because I had to lift it out.

I know I have the right year, the 1970 has a larger hole on the frame for the support to sit. These are the bushings that I have (attached below). I'm just ready to get this done so I can get everything set for the suspension upgrade I have coming. Any help is really appreciated.
Attached Images

broberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:20 AM   #2
GMCPaul

Re: '70 C10 Radiator Core Support Bushings Install Question

bolt through rectangular washer then drop it through radiator support under support on top of frame bracket place rubber bushing with steel sleeve molded into rubber with protruding in sticking down through bracket, then steel spacer sleeve installs into top rubber bushing center and sticks through frame bracket and you insert cone shaped bushing onto it followed by washers & nuts.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #3
Accelo

Re: '70 C10 Radiator Core Support Bushings Install Question

Don't over-tighten the nut. The bottom (tapered) rubber will split.
I am so tired of China built junk.
The replacements don't even look like the stock ones and the durometer is way off.
IMHO these were built for something else and someone found they would function on the C10's.
I have the same ones on my truck. But what do you do?
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote