The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #26
ericlonseth

Re: Hi

more pics
Attached Images

ericlonseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #27
ericlonseth

more pics.....the other truck is an older guys F100 i really want to get after this project
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #28
ericlonseth

one more thing....that pic of the ashtray: thats as far as it opens no matter how hard i yank on it.....and did anybody notice the 5.0 litre stamp?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #29
ericlonseth

hey everyone just a quick update all my body parts got here theres a rollpan w/ license, replacement rear fenders, right and left front inner fenders, headliner, and cab corners. i might still need to get some more parts for the front drivers side cuz where i gotta mount the inner fender its swiss cheese......anyways getting started on the rollpan got some fixing to do....and trying to convince my dad to let my do a notch and 4-link and bags all around....might take awhile but worth it.....i'll try to design the notch i have in mind its really simple but hard to explain.....when the trucks on the ground the axle will almost be touching the frame i think its a 12" drop i gotta make sure it lays frame safely without hitting anything fragile.....more later
Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #30
ericlonseth

heres my rearend mistake i shouldnt have cut this chunk off now i gotta weld it back on to get my rollpan to mount right
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Welcome to the board from Western Kentucky. Looks like you have a great start on your truck. I would say the air did not work and he just cut it out and took off everthing. Guess he thought he did not need it??? All that can be fixed. Have fun.

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #32
ericlonseth

well i got the rearend mistake fixed just gotta finish it up tomorrow with some grinding and smoothing out, then its rollpan time next thing is to wirebrush the whole frame and paint it then get my cab corners fixed up and get all the dents out of the truck i got one on the tailgate, a few on the box, and a minor one on the passenger door. hopefully more tomorrow
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Keep going buddy, bet your learning alot!

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
Charles Hettich

hey eric. its me from south dakota. i like the looks of the project. once you get it done we'll hafta go cruisin
Charles Hettich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #35
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Welcome to the site from Big Sandy, West Tennessee.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #36
ericlonseth

well just a quick update....i havent got any more bodywork done for a while except started putting the front inner fenders in....but on the good side, the tranny is all apart, i got a stage 2 shift kit ordered, a heavy-duty torque converter on the way, and the guy said it should/could be finished this week heres hoping....i just need to order an intake, my floor shifter (probably B&M or something), valve covers, K&N air filter assembly, and it should be running hopefully within the month....my goal is to finish this truck for June 20th or so in time for grad (not my grad) even tho i'll still have to get a few more things....i agreed with my dad that the truck wouldnt be turned over to my name until its done and driveable....anyways i better get to work on the bodywork we just got a sweet air compressor it already blew apart my bike tire.....more later
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #37
ericlonseth

well i actually got something done....i rough sanded the passenger side of the box and tomorrow i'll try to finish the driver side and maybe the front and the tailgate....i'm thinking that i might order the shifter and intake and valve covers and air filter assembly this week as soon as i can through the same shop rebuilding my tranny....hoping for Edelbrock RPM or RPM Air Gap intakes not sure yet....$210 or $140....i settled on the K&N air filter assembly i think its like $140 too....i've been checking out some B&M shifters they look nice but when i get one is it possible that theres some that you don't have to use the ratchet design i dont like that kind....any ideas anyone has?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #38

Your truck had A/C. The evaporator core is cut, not the heater core. The heater core is located in the air box under the dash. Someone probably cut it when they removed the A/C or the engine from the truck to make their job a little EZr. so if you're not going to run A/C you don't need it.
18436572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Hey Eric, I am going to go ahead and move this to the 73-87 area for you.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #40
moneyeater

Hi there and welcome to the worlds best forum!
The orange truck you posted is actually red and mine!
The light and camera made it appear orange!
Your truck has great potential and lots of work to be done but your young and willing as i see! Keep going and keep us informed!
Here are some better pics of my truck for your inspiration!
Name:  IMGP0617 [640x480].JPG
Views: 707
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  IMGP0618 [640x480].JPG
Views: 707
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  IMGP0619 [640x480].JPG
Views: 715
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  IMGP0084 [640x480].JPG
Views: 710
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  Shopscenes3 [640x480].JPG
Views: 703
Size:  89.1 KB

´81 GMC C 10, Spanish Red
moneyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #41
ericlonseth

wow man your trucks amazing i can only dream of my truck looking like that nice work
Old 05-15-2010, 02:02 AM   #42
moneyeater

I bought the truck in 1993 and it looked like this:
Name:  Black Rig 3 klein.JPG
Views: 664
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  Black Rig 4 klein.JPG
Views: 668
Size:  50.2 KB

I had no luck with it! The motor died and i got a new (used) one then the tranny died and i got a new one then starter,alternator,power steering and so on!
I decided to do a frame off rebuild and on that way i customized it a little!
It took 16 years and lots of money to get it back on the road but by doing as much work as possible myself is very satisfying!
You´re going that route and your advantage is that you live on the other side of the atlantic ocean where it is much easier and cheaper to get parts new or used!
If you have a vision of the finished truck work towards it step by step!
Its worth it!
Volker

´81 GMC C 10, Spanish Red
moneyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #43
ericlonseth

hey everyone i just got the tranny back late last week finally....all i REALLY need now is an Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap intake and then i'll put on the valve covers and the intake and carb and tranny and clean up the engine bay and it should be good to go
Old 06-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #44
ericlonseth

well i got the engine and tranny bolted together last night all i need to do now is get the starter and fuel pump and flexplate and maybe other things mounted on there then its going in i can't wait....i had to get a new ring gear, otherwise i would've been writing this yesterday....i'm getting an Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap intake ordered and hopefully it gets here soon....i got most of the engine bay cleaned up and spray-bombed flat black it looks pretty good so far, and i'm wondering if i should just pull the evaporator core out and if i even can without messing anything up....it would be awesome to have that extra space in the engine bay
Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #45
Charles Hettich

just get rid of all that crap. who cares bout ruining it? jk i know nothing about a/c.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #46
csa daddy

welcome thats beautiful country up there where you live i had the chance to come up about 6 years ago to moosejaw i loved it. an good luck with your truck seems like you have a very good start an alot of knowing people to help ya. an again good luck it should be a nice truck
csa daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #47
ericlonseth

ya thanks man im going to need all the help and advice i can with my truck....and btw i was just in moose jaw this weekend for provincial track and field ....anyways, today in shop class i started to build a custom guage cluster, theres going to be space for 10 guages (tach, speedo, volts, gas, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, tranny temp, boost, and another one havent decided yet)....its not much different than stock theres just a square made up of 4 small guages on the left in stock position, then the stock 2 big guages in the middle, and then another square made up of 4 small guages on the right....i found a chunk of sheetmetal in shop class with 14 small guage holes 3 1/8" across each; 2 guages high and 7 wide, and im basically cutting out a rectangle that has the 2 big guages in it and sticking it over top of the middle 6 small guages holes and so theres going to be like half-moon shapes sticking out around the middle 2 big guages....i'll take some pics on wednesday in shop class when its more complete and then maybe it wont be so confusing....still havent got any more done on the engine i just need to give the intake part # to the parts guy and it should be here pretty soon....hope to get the guage cluster done by the end of this week
Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
Charles Hettich

boost gage. i like the sounds of that
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #49
ericlonseth

yup im hoping to twin-turbo it if i can find a kit
Old 06-08-2010, 02:52 AM   #50
nd72c10

Cool project. You will find that starting with a pickup thats rough around the edges and fixing it to "make it your own" is far more rewarding than buying a pickup that someone else built!

You didn't mention whether or not the engine turned out to be a 305 or 350, but going by that radiator support emissions tag, your truck came with a 305. Either way, the cam you picked will work great in either engine.

I have been around a couple of small block chevy's topped with an edelbrock carb, and I did not care for them. The rochester is a great choice for your mild engine, plus you should see some decent fuel mileage with it.

It is good to see another young gun starting with an older square body project truck! If you have any questions, dont be afraid to ask. There are alot of very knowledgeable members on this board that can answer any question you might have.

Good luck with it!!!!

Brendan
'97 Tahoe 2DR 4X4 - 350, 4L60E, 3.73, SPORT
nd72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote