The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #51
mgkgmc

Re: **do not buy blueprint engines***

Awesome glad it worked out for you!
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
mgkgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:15 PM   #52
AussieinNC

Blueprint seems to have done the right thing here and looked after their customer....

Are they sending a new "rebuilt" engine to the dealer for them to install ?

IMO...I would be getting the cash back and buying one of those new GM units...

But thats only this old mans opinion...

Good luck

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #53
James K

Good news
James K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #54
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Nice! the name of the thread should be changed now. It's always nice when they stand behind their work. Sometimes an oops slips out the door

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #55
Grumpy old man

Sure looks like a free advertisement to me .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:40 PM   #56
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Sure looks like a free advertisement to me .
That title is not an advertisement, it started as a review/rant. Blueprint stepped up. I still look for and want value on price per pony. Looks like it initiated a call to action on their QA end. If they make it right then what more can you ask. It's what the warranty is for. OP thanks Blueprint, he is happy and that's what makes the automotive hobby fun, being happy. Happy Grumpy, happy.

j
Old 08-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #57
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Wow, great of BPE to step up like that!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #58
mygmctruck1

I have heard several horror stories about remanded engines from seems like every one.
I opted to go with a brand new Chevy 350 / 330 H.P crate engine . $5200 from summit but totaly complete . Everything there and assembled. Except the serpentine belt system.
When you add it all up , that’s a very fair price for a brand new complete crate motor.
GM warranties it threw the GM dealers . I had one issue right out the gate , bad fuel pump . Had to use my elect pump and it fired right up and runs strong . GM gave me a brand new pump , no questions ask . The crazy thing , some how summit screwed up there paper work and sent me 2 more engines 1 wk apart . I sent them both back but I had a hard time convincing there shipping dept they screwed up. Then after they get them back , they give me a credit on my CC . It took a awhile to get this whole mess worked out.
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #59
special-K
Special Order

Thanks Jeff for your effort. This shows the power of the internet forums, at least this one, for the best form of accurate review that people DO pay attention to. This is why I go about correcting inaccurate info here. I'm not an anal a-hole or a know it all. I see this place as a very vital resource to those searching the internet for info on GM trucks. This is why I get annoyed with other forums, and really really annoyed with FB groups with people who just have to say something even if it's wrong and it goes unchecked, or ends up with a bickering match. We aren't just about bagging and LSing trucks here, nor only about building the ultimate high budget rock crawling truck, nor about strict originality. We allow opinions but are focused on fact. That's why I call this place the best GM Truck resource on the internet and I think that's why that link got action out of Blueprint

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #60
Rickysnickers

This is great to hear, as I am looking at their brand new casting 400 small block, https://blueprintengines.com/product...etor-bp4002ct1
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #61
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Thanks Jeff for your effort. This shows the power of the internet forums, at least this one, for the best form of accurate review that people DO pay attention to. This is why I go about correcting inaccurate info here. I'm not an anal a-hole or a know it all. I see this place as a very vital resource to those searching the internet for info on GM trucks. This is why I get annoyed with other forums, and really really annoyed with FB groups with people who just have to say something even if it's wrong and it goes unchecked, or ends up with a bickering match. We aren't just about bagging and LSing trucks here, nor only about building the ultimate high budget rock crawling truck, nor about strict originality. We allow opinions but are focused on fact. That's why I call this place the best GM Truck resource on the internet and I think that's why that link got action out of Blueprint
I agree, and thanks for spending your time and efforts to moderate. This is a great resource. It's nice when a thread moves through the dilemma from start to conclusion. Glad this one had a happy ending for a man and his hard earned bucks.

All's well that ends well.

j
Old 08-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #62
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
This is great to hear, as I am looking at their brand new casting 400 small block, https://blueprintengines.com/product...etor-bp4002ct1
Ooh Ooh*, me too! Thanks for opening my eyes to these. I loved the stock SBC400 in the'72 K/20 Highlander I had. The only reason I wanted to build a 383 for my '72 K2500 was because a 400 block is pretty hard to find and the no steam hole thing. NEW BLOCK!!

* Like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
I agree, and thanks for spending your time and efforts to moderate. This is a great resource. It's nice when a thread moves through the dilemma from start to conclusion. Glad this one had a happy ending for a man and his hard earned bucks.

All's well that ends well.

j
I don't even consider it moderating. It's just what I personally feel needs to be done to maintain this site's integrity and reputation for being the best site for info on the internet, especially pmce the GM Truck sites started popping up. You are an asset to this place with your info as well. Getting the correct info out is what brought me to registering so I could post after casually lurking a few years. I'd often see what you see everywhere else, guesses and IDKs on things I had the correct info on. What brought me to the internet forums ( www.thedieselpage ) was to gain info on GM 6.2/6.5 diesels back in the late '90s because it seemed nobody around here (shops) knew anything about them. I gained great understanding there and caught the bug for getting more power out of those. Cost me a lot of money!! I did this mod and that mod until I did the ultimate and ordered an all new marine 6.5TD @ 300hp from www.penninsularmarine.com . The word was always no custom cams due to clearance, but a place had come out with one and I put one in after break-in. I also installed an intercooler. I never would have learned all that talking to people around here and that's nwhy I take info here seriously.

So I'd like to now take the opportunity to apologize for the times I've slipped up and given bad info and thank those who set it straight. This site rocks!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #63
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Ooh Ooh*, me too! Thanks for opening my eyes to these. I loved the stock SBC400 in the'72 K/20 Highlander I had. The only reason I wanted to build a 383 for my '72 K2500 was because a 400 block is pretty hard to find and the no steam hole thing. NEW BLOCK!!
For the price, it seemed like a no brainer. I hope it pans out. I will be ordering it within the next week.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote