The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Agent Smith

1970 Blue Bullet c10 short bed Project

So this is my truck that im going to build. It is a gutted, and i mean completely gutted 1970 c10 2 wheel drive blue chevrolet short bed pickup truck. It was used for drag strip racing for god knows how long, then when my grandfather when over to the s10 truck because it was lighter, he let this baby sit for around 10 years.
Now a note to everyone that will be reading/keeping up with this, and i ask that someone please cause i might have questions haha!- I do not have a fancy garage or alot of time and money like alot of these people do, and infact, im still in high school! So please do not think that this is gunna be some nice looking, low riding pimp machine, this is going to be the original looking truck that looks a bit beat up that will be able to outrun all the other losers with mustangs, haha. Keep reading if you do not understand.

The inside is completely gone, Though i will be redoing it. I know that isnt specific as i have not even gotten to that part yet. The front brakes will be converted over to disc brakes, and the entire truck will be converted from 6-lug to 5 lug. I am trying to, or atleast going to in the future, going to run 3.08
's in the rear end for mpg, or if im unable to get my hands on them, 3.73's for the time being.

The engine and tranny, Im going to take the 350 l31 vortec 5.7L fuel injected v8 from my dads 1970 c10 and going to pair it with a t56 six speed. I have other plans for the engine like rollor rockers and maybe forged internals and forced induction, or a new intake with injectors but thats later. My dads green truck will be getting the 12-valve cummns engine that you will praboly see in the future.

For parts since i got really lucky, I found a 1972 truck without a drivers door and not engine/tranny so i went and picked it up for 500 bucks and i will be moving it to the house tomorrow. I will be getting almost everything from it. Brakes, interior, all kinds of stuff. I will be putting in a rear mount gastank because the one behind the seat is a death trap!

For wheels and tires, i dont know yet as i have to get there first.

The first thing i am going to do is clean out both cabs on the trucks, then make a list of everything we can use off of it, Then me and a few buddys are going to un-bolt the cab-bed-front end and take it off the frame, get a complete finished product rolling-frame and then sandblast it and paint it so that it doesnt rot away. then after that, who knows?????

So if you would like to see a teenager build his first ever truck then stay along, and trust me, im not idiot, im brighter than most of the people my age.... I am actually what some people consider a geek, LOL.

So pictures along with the process will be posted when ever i can post them. It looks like i will be working on it every weekend, if not randomly during the week.
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
Agent Smith

Re: 1970 Blue Bullet c10 short bed Project

The green long bed is my fathers, it has the l31 engine in it. Mine is the blue one sitting behind it. I just realized something, come tomorrow, i will have three of these trucks in my yard. LOL ill be sure to take a picture.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Agent Smith

This truck did have the plastic trim on it but of course my grandfather has to go and rip it off, fill it with like playdo or something and paint over it. Looks terrible.
More things coming off the donor truck:
power steering gear box
Heater core
Heater box inside and outside
All of the vents things
all of the air controls
hell even the glass from the doors, well maybe Im not that desperate.
But i do not know if i can take off a windshield and re-use it because i definitely need to pick up one as he hit a rock one time on the track and its been cracked ever since.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Agent Smith

I am doing the whole photo bucket thing so i don't have to upload pictures through the attachments thing.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #5
fakerwade

70 chev pickups and vortec engines!!! two of my favorite things. Do you have anyone helping you out on this build? (like an oracle?) he he he!!! :-) No seriously that's quite an undertaking.
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Agent Smith

Well sorta, my dad will help some because he built his, but its mainly going to be me so i can learn. But man, i got so lucky with the donor truck, i can literally use almost everything from it. the only thing i wont use will be like the body/frame/ trolololol! I got lucky, will be posting pictures late tonight when i get home or tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
fakerwade

Cool
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
Agent Smith

Ok so here are so more pictures of the inside of my truck, and then i went and picked up the donor truck today, so pictures of that will be posted as well

the Left side's "custom/10" i need to clean it up.

Right side corner behind the seat. Looks like the floor rotted out some so ill have to do some patch work while the cab is off the frame.

Hole in the floor for the tranny controls...

right side door. I will be making panels from sheets of aluminum. LOL look like a nascar...

the gas tank which i have already ripped out.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
Agent Smith

The truck sitting with me tools, and a wooden work table i put together, the top will be plywood for those who are wondering.

The poor truck organ donor

LOL my yard is turning into a junk yard. 4 chevrolet trucks sitting there

its missing a door and for some odd reason it came out fuzzy....

Something is locked up on the donor truck so we had to use my dads truck to pull it off....
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

sweet i graduated 11 i drove my truck mostly for 3 years (on off doing mods etc)

keep at it

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote