The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
bollybib

tons of info needs to be extracted from this thread

I neglected to introduce myself in this first post, so I did it later in Post #49.

First Post - April 2, 2011

I decided to start my own thread instead of randomly posting info about my truck in other threads. This should be called a Project thread since I'll mostly be doing maintenance and repair work on it for the foreseeable future (no frame offs or long to short conversions haha). I bought this truck in November 2010, so I haven't had it long. I've been working on it pretty steady since then, taking pics, and documenting my work. So I have plenty to post here even if I don't do anything to it for a while.

I figure I'll start with the pics of the truck that were in the craigslist ad that I found it in, and a pic of it arriving at my door.

CL pics
Name:  Lien Sale 69 02 resized.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  6.6 KB Name:  Lien Sale 69 03 resized.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  5.9 KB Name:  Lien Sale 69 01 resized.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  7.4 KB Name:  Lien Sale 69 04 resized.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  6.3 KB
The PO bought the truck at a lien sale in North San Diego County only a few weeks before I bought it from him. He hadn't even registered it yet. It had last been registered to a John Linford of St. George, Utah in 2007 and was apparently abandoned in N. County (when it wouldn't stop anymore perhaps?). He (the PO) somehow managed to drive it from Escondido to National City with virtually no brakes. But the POs wife said "get this thing outta here" so I ended up buying it from him for what he paid for it at auction, $1,300.

Arriving home
Name:  100_3433 resized.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  88.1 KB
I originally had planned to drive it home. I actually did drive it up and down the POs street while I was checking it out for sale, but it was pretty scary. It ran OK, but,..,.,whoa ! After some thought, I decided to have it transported and damn the cost. Since I had to have it weighed for registration, I had the transport guy pick it up, take it to a certified scale, offload and weigh it ($10), reload it, take it to my house, and offload it in the street ($285). In retrospect, it was the wise thing to do and well worth the cost.

Well, that starts it. I look forward to telling you all more about my truck. Thanks for looking and reading, I really enjoy this site.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911