The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
ArrowoodRodKustom

S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Was searching around the eBay and found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320681444685 the guy is selling blueprints and photos on how to do an S-10 frame swap...with so much of this info on here free & free on many other websites I was shocked to see it at $225!! I've bought blueprints/photos/instructions before on eBay on how to build a 2x4 hot rod Model A frame but that was $20.. sorry for the rant, just couldn't believe the price the guy is asking for this...better be some real good secret tips
ArrowoodRodKustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
GRIMSS

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Sad part is he's sold some already for around $160.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Layedoutsonoma91

thats just crazy that someone would pay that. I would pay 20 bux just to have it lol. If you just do a little searching on here you will have all the info he has or more.
Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

high price for "sharing" his info.......

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
62ChevyII

Not to mention the guy probably got most of his ideas of these websites... LOL.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
jeffs51chevy

You here that Grimss!! Darn it, we missed the boat again. I've got to be more greedy.
jeffs51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
allengator

Putting all the info in one place... easy to access CD full of data....
That'd be worth $50 to me... but over $200 ??????

1980 Chevy SWB Pickup (build thread)

1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
55dude

he's not the first to sell info, bet all the guys that were selling books in the days before the "net" came along were swimming in royalties but crying these days.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
GRIMSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs51chevy View Post
You here that Grimss!! Darn it, we missed the boat again. I've got to be more greedy.
No joke, wish we had a counter on the body mount drawing just to see how many times it was looked at.

Also he has the drawing of the firewall diagram, but you would think he would show the firewall done.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
RootBeer 6117

I wish I could come up with some idea like this,Like all those 19.95 tv specials that people actually buy.
I got real close to buying an AD engineering kit for $900 till I found this site for which I will be forever thankful.
BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

Last edited by RootBeer 6117; 04-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.
RootBeer 6117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
ArrowoodRodKustom

I emailed him and asked him about it, he said that all the jobs on sites like these basically look disgusting when you look underneath them with all these pieces welded everywhere and he uses all the S10 mounts so it doesn't looked hacked and you can get the truck lower...I said I'd pay $50 for the info & pics just to see if it's a better or easier option..I thought it'd be worth about that but he wasn't having it...guess I need to start charging for all the air ride info I've given over the past few years haha
Old 04-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
OrrieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowoodRodKustom View Post
he said that all the jobs on sites like these basically look disgusting when you look underneath them with all these pieces welded everywhere and he uses all the S10 mounts so it doesn't looked hacked
Interesting comment from him since he does not show any pictures of HIS frame mods in the ad, just a poor firewall drawing and pictures of half built trucks.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
RootBeer 6117

I say we all go together buy the blue prints and pass them out on here since we do such a poor job of doing our own.
I never realise how miserable my life is until I see some great 19.95 item that's going to make my life absolutely wonderful when I buy it.
RootBeer 6117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
Thadious

Hey... for that info... for what it's worth... I'm in for $20...

Anyone else?

I'm pretty sure you don't need to sign a confidentiality agreement before you buy!

Cheers,
Ted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #15
mr48chev

Well two years ago guys were forking over how many $$$$$$$$$$$ for the "kit" that was being sold to install the AD truck bodies on S-10 chassis and one of our own presented with the drawings that allowed anyone here to either make his/her own or carry the plans to any welding shop and have the brackets made for a pretty reasonable price.
Now this guy is hoping that enough guys are a bit frustrated when trying to figure out how to do the swap and bite on the bait he has thrown out. No doubt there will be enough guys bite on it and hit the buy now and sooner or later someone will show up here expounding on the great plans and blueprints for that swap that they found on Ebay.
All I know is that since scrap metal went sky high and the S-10 frame swaps became so popular dead S-10 pickups around this area are hard to find and spendy.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
Layedoutsonoma91

im very tempted to buy the front portio of the ad engineering kit for the radiator and cab, its half the price. I just don't want to have to take the body off 20 times and move body mounts. Is there a thread on here with a very detailed instructions? all i can find are short descriptions and not bery many pics.
Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #17
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layedoutsonoma91 View Post
im very tempted to buy the front portio of the ad engineering kit for the radiator and cab, its half the price. I just don't want to have to take the body off 20 times and move body mounts. Is there a thread on here with a very detailed instructions? all i can find are short descriptions and not bery many pics.
Read through Jeff's thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=294539 He pretty well did the hard work and figuring out on this for the rest of us.
As mentioned previously in this thread you can use his drawings and photos to make your own brackets or you can take the drawings (I'd copy and take the photos too) to any decent welding shop and have them made for a pretty reasonable cost.

On these trucks even with stock frames there is always a lot of fitting up to get everything looking just right.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
daverod
SSN 706

I saw an add on ebay on how to put power steering on 60-66 trucks using parts from 67-80 trucks. I forgot how much he was wanting but I looked to see how many he had sold and my pants.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
ArrowoodRodKustom

guy says hes sold 39 of these kits...so that's $8,775.00

kinda thought about emailing someone who bought one and asking them about it see if his ideas are any better or if it's just a big rip off

Last edited by ArrowoodRodKustom; 04-24-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
mr48chev

We forget that there are guys who want to do things on their trucks that don't have one clue on how to do simple things that most of us take for granted and jump at the chance to buy blueprints or plans or books to do said changes and modifications.

Some people have no search skills, no visualization skills and limited mechanical experience and they are probably the ones who buy those things the most.

Just think if Jeff had decided to put his whole build with drawings on a power point presentation with blueprint style drawings and sell CD's or Downloads of it he would probably be gathering in a few of those bucks.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #21
ArrowoodRodKustom

guess we should stop talking about this...just found out the guy is an active member on this site
Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
Thadious

Any clues where he compiled the information from then?

Would be interesting to find out what's on the CD and from which "ideas" he's taken his information from. We all post it for free as a learning experience to others with the same ambitions, but I'd be annoyed if someone was pulling a profit from it!

Information is free on sites like this and should always remain so. If he's compiled the info from his own experiences and not those posted by our brothers and sisters here, then so be it... but then again... as an active member we'd kinda hope that info is shared from all.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,
Ted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #23
BlueJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
We forget that there are guys who want to do things on their trucks that don't have one clue on how to do simple things that most of us take for granted and jump at the chance to buy blueprints or plans or books to do said changes and modifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadious View Post
Information is free on sites like this and should always remain so. If he's compiled the info from his own experiences and not those posted by our brothers and sisters here, then so be it... but then again... as an active member we'd kinda hope that info is shared from all

Cheers,
Ted.
Agreed and Agreed! My opinion is that there are two kits on the market today that fit the bill for those who aren't able to fabricate the mounts themselves. And, I believe most of the mounts we see here on this board are a derivation of the AD Engineering kit (lowered of course).

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #24
Dan Bowles
AD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeep View Post
Agreed and Agreed! My opinion is that there are two kits on the market today that fit the bill for those who aren't able to fabricate the mounts themselves. And, I believe most of the mounts we see here on this board are a derivation of the AD Engineering kit (lowered of course).
I think the AD Engineering kit may be a derivation of all of ours. You are trying to put X wide on X wide and you go from there. Chances are, you'll come up with a similar situation. I made mine before I saw an AD Engineering kit. They make a nice kit for those with no clue and want to be bolt on and go. By the time you work a few days sorting all of the little things out, it might be worth the money they are asking.

They may not have invented the orange, but they are doing a great marketing plan. I never see one of them as a sponsoring member yet everyone talks about them both. How many dozens of posts of "which kit is better" do we see even on this site? Even this thread has gone from a CD of "blueprints" to AD/EZ talk!
Dan Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #25
jeffs51chevy

Hold on . . . excuse me while I climb on my soap box. Ok – made it. It sucks getting old; my knees creek just getting on a metaphorical rant. I love this place. I can’t tell you the joy I get when people see the work I’ve done on my truck, and they think I came up with it all on my own. To the people I know (when they ask) I tell them where the ideas came from and I occasionally give credit, but for most that see my work, I just let them believe I’m as good as most of you here on this board; that I’m as talented as the guys I aspire to be like here and whose ideas I’ve unabashedly stolen, copied, and derived. In turn, I hope what I’ve done will be stolen, copied, and derived in the way that good ideas are spread. If a guy wants to make a buck off me then I guess that’s ok. It’s not the first time, nor will it be the last. Maybe his kids are tired of Mac N Cheese every night. If there isn’t a perceived market, his plans wouldn’t sell. Welcome to capitalism, at least 39 times worth. I’ll end with this: I’m not smart enough, nor do I have the generational advice that could teach me what I’ve learned here through each one of you guy’s generosity. That is the take home message. Keep sharing, stealing, and building awesome trucks. In the end, who cares how many brush strokes are in the Mona Lisa.

Please disagree with me. I'm in one of those moods today.

Jeff

P.S. I'm not "The Guy"

Last edited by jeffs51chevy; 04-27-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Just clearing the air
jeffs51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote