The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2023, 08:13 PM   #1
joedoh

Project Wayne 1951 Ford Fun-1 S10 swap

well I am a glutton for punishment and since all the chevy purists complaining about my endless s10 swaps have finally accepted that i just will not be swayed, I thought i would give the same chance to the ford purists, and not only do a chassis swap on a 48-52 ford but also use an s10 chassis. its the giver in me. i am a giver.

my reasoning is this: first, I know the s10 chassis inside and out, i dont think there is anyone who knows more tips and tricks for s10 modifying. second, the natural conclusion might be to use a ranger chassis for a ford body swap but thats just a terrible idea. the ranger chassis came in two flavors and both had dumpster juice as an ingredient. the early had twin i-beam suspension, the later had an unequal length control arm setup but with short short spindles and short upper arms. lowering either early or late is expensive and unrewarding because of extreme camber. no one really supports the aftermarket for rangers, but S10 has dozens of well thought out options for suspension.

blah blah blah lets get to it. few words do trick.

a buddy named dave had a shortbed s10 he was making into a drag truck until he didnt. i picked it up as a bare chassis and it fit on my 7x12 trailer, bonus.

i knew what i wanted in an F1 donor so I visited my friend Wayne in South Haven (almost oklahoma). he had a nice F5 with a running flathead. on my s10 swaps I like to use grain trucks with little hope beyond being shredder fodder instead of taking apart 1/2 ton trucks with a chance at restoration or better.

Waynes farm has given me almost 8 trucks worth of builds so I couldnt think of a more fitting name fore this project. while we were there picking up just the parts i need we stopped and reminisced about trucks and life and how this hill used to be full of old steel.

a little rust in the floor but a great start.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote