The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #26
Green67Stepper

Re: Choosing front sway bar

So i just got around to mounting my CPP bar on my 67 C10 and i have a ton of clearance issues with my steering when turning in both directions. I'm am running 3" springs and 2.5" spindles. I used the supplied lowered truck frame bracket for the sway bar and my endlinks are pretty straight up and down. the end of the swap bar is EXTREMELY close to the upper coil pocket as well. i may try to mount the bar directly to the frame but i dont know that it will help...
Green67Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:18 PM   #27
Pro299

Re: Choosing front sway bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green67Stepper View Post
So i just got around to mounting my CPP bar on my 67 C10 and i have a ton of clearance issues with my steering when turning in both directions. I'm am running 3" springs and 2.5" spindles. I used the supplied lowered truck frame bracket for the sway bar and my endlinks are pretty straight up and down. the end of the swap bar is EXTREMELY close to the upper coil pocket as well. i may try to mount the bar directly to the frame but i dont know that it will help...
I also went with the CPP bar, and although it is close to the steering links, it doesn't seem to make contact. At least not yet. I have stock lower arms at stock height and the short frame brackets worked well. What I didn't know was that the bar is really designed to be used with CPP arms, not stockers. It's seven inches shorter than the original bar, so the holes to mount the end link brackets had to be redrilled 3 1/2 inches closer to the inside on both arms. No biggie, but I'd rather have known up front that it wasn't a direct replacement. If yours is too close to the upper pocket you may be able to get slightly shorter end links. Just a thought.
Pro299 is offline   Reply With Quote