The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
Wobpb377

SW Oregon Assistance

If anyone is in SW Oregon, could you please send me a private message Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Wobpb377; 12-03-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Wobpb377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
Wobpb377

C20 SW Oregon Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobpb377 View Post
If anyone is in SW Oregon, could you please send me a private message Thanks in advance.

I bought a 1972 c20 from an individual in Gold Hill Oregon the truck was turn key driver when I bought it but wanted a few changes that he agreed upon. A vintage AC installed, a new sport bumper installed, retro sound stereo installed, a rear slider window, a camper shell/bed topper and different wheels—steelies with hubcaps. Nothing really cosmic and he said it was all very easy for him. I’m trying and have been trying for the last three months to get the truck completed so he can have it shipped to Hawaii. It seems every week there is another issue. I bought it through eBay and thought I was protected but since this has extended past 45 days on eBay, I need to pursue other avenues. The seller does a lot of 67-72 work/restoration so he might be known in the area or on the forum. I’m have the title of the vehicle but just no truck. It’s getting very frustrating and he’s poor in communication saying there is bad cell reception where he lives.

I’m already in contact with my local police department, that’s a last resort though.

Can anyone offer and assistance or if in South West Oregon reach out to me?
Old 12-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
68bowtie

Re: SW Oregon Assistance

Have you asked him to ship it and he is not responsive, or are you still waiting for work to be done and he’s not getting to it?

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #4
Wobpb377

Waiting for work to be done. I talked To him today.

I understand these are classic cars and issues pop up. But it’s been three months to do a few minor things.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #5
Chevyland

If someone in oregon gets back to you
What do you want them to do ?

If I was you, I would just get the thing shipped as agreed
Or
Buy an airplane ticket to Oregon
And, check up on what your truck looks like
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #6
Wobpb377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
If someone in oregon gets back to you
What do you want them to do ?

If I was you, I would just get the thing shipped as agreed
Or
Buy an airplane ticket to Oregon
And, check up on what your truck looks like
I literally have to wait. There is nothing I can do

If he has been in the industry someone might know him and be able to vouch for him.

Tickets to the mainland aren’t cheap. Especially this time around. And I can’t free up time in our lives to go see the vehicle. So I was reaching out to the forum to see if anyone knew the person. I won’t put his name out there but will talk with someone from Oregon about it. I don’t want to put the guy on full blast.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #7
toolboxchev

I am in Oregon but NW. I have heard of no one out there doing trucks. Is the individual a member of this site?

So before things go awry, If he has any cell provider other than ATT, or Verizon than I would say cell reception is sketchy. Chances are if you poke too much you will alienate the guy.

If you purchased through Ebay you should have some buyer protection and time frame for the work to be performed. If by chance you wanted stuff done and his aftermarket supplier is under the Christmas push there will be problems there. Damaged shipped goods is a problem, getting replacements is a problem.

It is the Holidays you know...I know I would want my Christmas present to myself pretty bad. Hard to say what to do.

I know a guy who bought a original blazer from another state from Ebay, the vehicle was completely misrepresented. Attorney General had to be involved. That thing was leaking like a pig. All interior....you can imagine the stuff that guy went through.

I can tell you this, Summertime I decided to go ahead and replace my windshield and found a 30 minute job went well over 4 days. More damage than expected led to multiple things happening, again, and again. Suppliers of paint products, local leading me astray and so on....Glad I trusted some experience here as far as primer.

I would ask the guy for some pics of work in progress, list of things, materials, parts he still needs and so on.

Last edited by toolboxchev; 12-21-2019 at 12:04 AM.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #8
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Subscribed

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote