The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #1
G-749

Tow hooks and factory grill guard

Does anyone know if you can put factory tow hooks on a 71 C 50 that has a factory brush guard on the truck ? I bought a set of the heavy duty factory tow hooks, the ones that have 4 holes and bolt to the top of the frame rails and bumper they are too tall to fit under the last rail of the factory brush guard. There is a set of " lighter duty" factory tow hooks on ebay that only have 2 bolt holes per hook and are " curved " slightly different than the heavy duty ones. Did the search function and looked at pictures for 2 nights trying to see if this was done. Only saw less than a dozen out of the 100s of pictures I looked ar that had the factory brush guard , and none of them had hooks with the brush guard. Really like the look with the tow hooks, but would require cutting factory brush guard and re welding and adding pcs to give clearance for hooks. If anyone knows about this or has a picture would sure like to know before I make a bad choice and buy another set of hooks I can't use without cutting and re welding rare truck brush guard. Thanks in advance if you can help.
Good luck to all on your projects!!!
G-749 is offline   Reply With Quote