The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
Kopper

Summit and Chevy Duty Customer Service

I placed orders with both Summit and Chevy Duty last week.

My Summit order didn't arrive so I called customer service, the rep told me that they held the order for an address verification, he said that he didn't know why they held it because it's the same address that I have always used, without asking he shipped the parts next day air, it was about a 60lb package.

I received my order from Chey Duty very promptly. In checked the order I found two problems. I ordered control arm u-bolts and they are too small. I also ordered 4 specific size spring eye bushings and they sent me 2 different sizes. I contacted customer service via email. They told me the u-bolts are the correct ones for my vehicle. They also told me I need to measure the size of the bushings because there are two different ones. I responded that the u-bolts are considerably smaller than the OEM ones and will likely cause a suspension failure. I also responded that I ordered a specific size of bushing, I ordered 4 - 1.5" and they shipped me 2 - 1.5" and 2 - 1.75". There has been no further response from them. My initial feeling is that they don't want to stand behind there mistakes. I will update this when I hear from them, I emailed them again today and I will phone them tomorrow.

Last edited by Kopper; 08-23-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Kopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
llegos

i odreed a new glove box lock(had to drill the old one out), and gas tank/sender and all that good stuff from chevy duty. I am expecting it to come sometime this week. i will be sure to tell you if all the correct parts came and so on...
Old 08-24-2005, 12:31 AM   #3
hotrodhomi

When I ordered my grill from them it didn’t show up for weeks... when I called them they said that the conformation number I had didn't exist. I had to order them again..I had them throw in a free t-shirt.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
Kopper

They didn't respond to my last two emails.

I called today and spoke to the same customer service person that I had the original email contact with. He told me he is looking into it but he is a very busy person and it will probably take another day or two.

Maybe i'm impatient, but both parts are not what I ordered so why not have me ship them back and send me the correct ones?

Last edited by Kopper; 08-24-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:15 AM   #5
llegos

my chevy duty order came today, and everything i ordered, i recieved. didnt get much hardware though, so there want much of a chance for a mixup like you had kopper
Old 08-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #6
Kopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by llegos
my chevy duty order came today, and everything i ordered, i recieved. didnt get much hardware though, so there want much of a chance for a mixup like you had kopper
Steve,

Good to hear that there wasn't any problems with your order. Other than receiving the wrong parts the quality of what I received looks good.

Ken
Old 08-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
Kopper

Waited 2-days and no one contacted me.

I emailed the customer service person that I was dealing with and CC'd it to their order dept, with a read receipt request. I received a reply in under 3hrs with a apology because the customer service person said he was having problems with his email.

They want me to ship the U-bolts and the spring eye bushings back to them. They will credit me for the U-bolts and replace the bushings with the correct size.

I replied and asked who pays the return shipping being that it is their error. I will post the response when I get it.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
matthufham

i ordered all my patch panels from chevy duty. they all got here in less than a week (ks-tx) and 1 backordered item, the pass kickpanel, but i didn't need that right away. i got my kickpanel about 2 or so weeks later.
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #9
Kopper

They would not respond to me asking them who paid the return shipping for their errors, so I just sent the parts back to them at my expense.

I just finally received the replacement parts today, or atleast I thought I did until I opened the package. They didn't send me any spring eye bushings.

I emailed them and asked if they were going to send them?

All I can say is this is totally unbelievable!

Last edited by Kopper; 09-20-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

My experiance with chevy duty was positive. They called ME. Let me know 1 item went bQ and when it would be in. Had one mix-up sent me one clear and one amber parking light lens. The made good on it and I did not need to ship the old one back. They only send free t-shirts when ya ask. Thought I would get one automaticly with a +1k order.

That was pre-board experiance. I'm pretty much done with the truck now. Next truck I'll try to stick with the locals.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #11
cableguy0

i ordered a camshaft from summit na dhad it overnighted next day by ten. noon or so came around and i was starting to get aggrevated. i called summit and they completely refunded all my shipping costs. fed ex finally dropped it on the porch at around 4
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

I think you guys are right. From now on in completing my 2wd Blazer because I am going to use vendors that support the board only. I am sure they will do everything in their power to make your order correct or correct the problem promptly because their reputation is at stake. The price may be a little more but you pay for service too, it takes money to employ good people.
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
ozzyracing

How do we know who supports the board. I don't want to have any problems when I place my order for all of suspension, brake upgrades, interior and other needed parts.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #14
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyracing
How do we know who supports the board. I don't want to have any problems when I place my order for all of suspension, brake upgrades, interior and other needed parts.
They are listed in a thread at the top of this page

http://207.44.196.117/vboard/announc...ouncementid=10
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #15
shifty
Questionable

Re: Summit and Chevy Duty Customer Service

I have been reading other people having a horrible time with ChevyDuty. I will not order from them.

I ordered from Summit to get an Energy Suspension tranny mount. It was here in less than 48 hours. I wasn't happy with paying $9 in shipping for a $25 part, but I paid $3 more than I might have locally and it woulda taken me a whole day to locate the part somewhere else.

Summit gets a thumbs-up in my book.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CSTC5
I think you guys are right. From now on in completing my 2wd Blazer because I am going to use vendors that support the board only. I am sure they will do everything in their power to make your order correct or correct the problem promptly because their reputation is at stake. The price may be a little more but you pay for service too, it takes money to employ good people.
Right about what?No one`s complaining about Summit.Besides,Summit isn`t in the same business as the board supporting vendors.They don`t sell Chevy Truck restoration parts.They sell very few things that would be available from our vendors.It is good to keep it in the family,though.If the items are available from them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #17
krue
Designated A-hole!

Yeah, if we could just get summit to sponsor the board, we'd be in there.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote