The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #651
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbog View Post
I'm not only looking at the Earls Speed Seal but Fragola 6000 series hose, I want/need aluminum and steel fittings. Steel is for my steel hard lines. I have a thing about the corrosive action between aluminum and steel, especially when it's wet and since I mud run it'll get wet and probably stay wet for a day or two afterwards because mud traps the moisture.
I thought of going with PTFE for the full run but I keep going back to the hard line for under the Jeep because it's smaller and it seems more rugged (just a mind set I need to break). Plus the cost is another factor since I wasn't originally plan on doing a EFI swap but when they came out with this I made the jump. I was going to be doing a gear swap and getting bigger tires (37" tall) but that might get put off for another year, along with the axle swap (dana 60 and corp 14 bolt), hydraulic assist steering, frame strengthening, and the engine rebuilt for more power (looking for 450-500 hp out of the old AMC 401). God by the time I'm done I'll have enough to but a new vehicle in it. Aww who am I kidding, it'll be more than a new vehicle. While I'm being honest, I'll never be done

Yep mine is street only and I don't drive it in the rain either so i do t need ss braid or hardlines.
Lmao you sound just like my wife telling me I could have bought a new one for what I have put in mine. She is correct but it would not be the same. And it seems like it is a never ending process. Lol.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:29 AM   #652
RodsGreen10

I will keep posting little FiTech tips for everyone. Cause they don't have them in the directions or on the website. Hopefully it will help people out so you can use the FiTech to its full potential.
Plus anymore issues I run into.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #653
RodsGreen10

So I ordered the 700r4. And ordered a direct bolt in 75-77 tranny crossmember no drilling cutting just bolt and go. And a few other things so the 700 would go in with no issues and work.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #654
swampbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
Yep mine is street only and I don't drive it in the rain either so i do t need ss braid or hardlines.
Lmao you sound just like my wife telling me I could have bought a new one for what I have put in mine. She is correct but it would not be the same. And it seems like it is a never ending process. Lol.
It's not the same, it's all your blood, sweat, and beers into the pride of joy you built/building.
It's like a kid to you and I bet if someone asks you questions about your truck you can talk to them for hours about what you did and why you did it and lets not forget about you showing pictures of what you did and what it looks like now. It's something your proud of.
I see the looks on people faces when they make the mistake and ask me anything about my Jeep, it's the look of "oh crap, what did I just start " For some reason they never ask again unless they a Jeep person also.
swampbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #655
swampbog

Quote:
I will keep posting little FiTech tips for everyone. Cause they don't have them in the directions or on the website. Hopefully it will help people out so you can use the FiTech to its full potential.
Yes please do and once I finally get mine I'll be re-reading this entire post and then probably bugging you with questions.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #656
RodsGreen10

Quote:
It's not the same, it's all your blood, sweat, and beers into the pride of joy you built/building.
It's like a kid to you and I bet if someone asks you questions about your truck you can talk to them for hours about what you did and why you did it and lets not forget about you showing pictures of what you did and what it looks like now. It's something your proud of.
I see the looks on people faces when they make the mistake and ask me anything about my Jeep, it's the look of "oh crap, what did I just start " For some reason they never ask again unless they a Jeep person also.
Lmao. You are damn right man. So true.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #657
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Yes please do and once I finally get mine I'll be re-reading this entire post and then probably bugging you with questions.
I will and ask away man.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #658
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Quote:
I think it's great.
I plan on helping anyway I can with my research.
If enough information is here, FiTech might like to get involved. It can't help but benefit them and the end user. (us).
BTW, I'm pretty settled on the 600 hp.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #659
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
I think it's great.
I on plan helping anyway I can with my research.
If enough information is here, FiTech might like to get involved. It can't help but benefit them and the end user. (us).
BTW, I'm pretty settled on the 600 hp.
Ken and Jermey know about this thread lol. I have sent them links and talked with them about it and my posts. Plus they like my YouTube video and my truck lol. They know a good truck when they see one lmao.

600hp I believe you will really enjoy. It has everything you want and room to grow haha.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #660
RodsGreen10

I will be using this for my lockup control. I really like this setup. No pressure switches.

https://bowlertransmissions.com/p/10...control-module
Old 12-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #661
RodsGreen10

I just can't decide on torque converter go with a Yank or Circle D I really don't want to spend $1k on a torque converter.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #662
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Well swamp remember my post about a weather proof case for the FiTech handheld. Well I pitched my idea at Ken the big dawg at FiTech and he loved it lol. So it just may come true for you off road guys. A weather proof FiTech handheld case. Haha...
Old 12-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #663
swampbog

Quote:
Well swamp remember my post about a weather proof case for the FiTech handheld. Well I pitched my idea at Ken the big dawg at FiTech and he loved it lol. So it just may come true for you off road guys. A weather proof FiTech handheld case. Haha...
Now if they made one that actually was a nice fitted case that worked with their holder and cables I would buy one.
Make sure you tell Ken you have at least one sold to me, as long as it's not $100.

By the way I know you mounted yours, how did you mount it? Was there holes in the back or did you just Velcro it in place?
Does it look like the holder they send can be permanently mounted or does it look like the handheld mount area separates from the base?
Old 12-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #664
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Now if they made one that actually was a nice fitted case that worked with their holder and cables I would buy one.
Make sure you tell Ken you have at least one sold to me, as long as it's not $100.

By the way I know you mounted yours, how did you mount it? Was there holes in the back or did you just Velcro it in place?
Does it look like the holder they send can be permanently mounted or does it look like the handheld mount area separates from the base?
I actually just sat it in the ashtray. I pulled the tray part out and it fit perfect. But I do need to mount it cause when I hit the skinny pedal that sob come flying off lol. I come up with something. When I get home today I will take pics and show you how it sits. And to be totally honest hell I have never taken the windshield mount out of the box lol. I will look at it today and see what can be done with it. The handheld just sit so damn perfect in the ash tray I never thought about the windshield mount. But I have a idea about keeping it from flying out of the ash tray.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #665
ray1970

Ray here.

Has anybody tried the laptop software yet?
As far as hand controllers my first one V2.1 had some issues keeping the cables in.
My second one V2.2 has wider spacing for the upper cables but fell apart inside when I plugged the USB cable in.

Fitech answer was...... are you ready.......

The one in my car works just fine I cant see were anything can be wrong with yours...
and I must be doing something wrong....I kind of just hung up at that point...

So has anybody used the soft ware yet??
Attached Images

ray1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #666
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Ray here.

As far as hand controllers my first one V2.1 had some issues keeping the cables in.
My second one V2.2 has wider spacing for the upper cables but fell apart inside when I plugged the USB cable in.

The one in my car works just fine I cant see were anything can be wrong with yours...

Me Ray. I am using the software. I also called FiTech about your post spoke with Bryce. He said give him a call and he will get it handled. Also my handheld has been knocked off dropped slung around the truck nothing broke or snapped apart.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #667
ray1970

Ray here.
I have the software working and it is very nice.

The controller thing not so much.....3 phone calls and two e-mails later
im informed its me.

The rest of it I could not be happier with I will never put a carburetor back on..
Will try calling later in the week.
Thanks for the reply...

Ray.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #668
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Ray here.

What I am trying to figure out is how it just fell apart? It has screws in the back plus clip like tabs that hold the handheld face and back together.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #669
ray1970

Ray here.

I will try to explain this.

Controller V2.1 has epoxy holding the UBC connecter and the card holder plus some other tiny thing in place (don't know what it is) ....see photo..
The cables plugins on the top are so close together the cables bind and wont stay in... Zip ties are your friend.....

Controller V2.2 the epoxy has been left out.(But the top cable holes are wider)
At the end of the UBC connation in the controller there is a plastic thing with
the five or so of the wire contacts that is mildly crimped in place at best.
So if for any reason your cable end is a bit long or you push to hard it will push the plastic thing out that has the wires in it.....contact over....
I'm thinking that's why V2.1 is epoxied? (see photo)

At this point you take the controller apart and find the part floating around
inside.. Push it back in and hold it while you insert the cable and move on..
NOW I could just epoxy or hot glue it at the risk of making more of a problem..
I don't see were I should have to do that.......But I may have to.....

Ray.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #670
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Ray here.

I will try to explain this.

Controller V2.1 has epoxy holding the UBC connecter and the card holder plus some other tiny thing in place (don't know what it is) ....see photo..
The cables plugins on the top are so close together the cables bind and wont stay in... Zip ties are your friend.....

Controller V2.2 the epoxy has been left out.(But the top cable holes are wider)
At the end of the UBC connation in the controller there is a plastic thing with
the five or so of the wire contacts that is mildly crimped in place at best.
So if for any reason your cable end is a bit long or you push to hard it will push the plastic thing out that has the wires in it.....contact over....
I'm thinking that's why V2.1 is epoxied? (see photo)

At this point you take the controller apart and find the part floating around
inside.. Push it back in and hold it while you insert the cable and move on..
NOW I could just epoxy or hot glue it at the risk of making more of a problem..
I don't see were I should have to do that.......But I may have to.....

Ray.
Idk man. My plugs a close to each other almost touching and they stay in nothing has broke or came apart on mine. And even with it plugged in and it flying out of the ashtray it stays plugged in. You are the first and only person I have seen with this issue. I have not taken mine apart and don't plan on it. Still trying to figure out how it just fell apart with it being screwed together and clips holding it. Plus the housing is made of aluminum. But guess you will just have to call FiTech speak with Bryce or Jeremy or Ken at the top. FiTech needs to do what SCT does and put a label on the seam of the controller if that seal sticker is broken warranty voided. Not saying you are doing that but that is what other tuning companies to. So people don't mess with ****.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #671
Big Kev-O

Quote:
So I ordered the 700r4. And ordered a direct bolt in 75-77 tranny crossmember no drilling cutting just bolt and go. And a few other things so the 700 would go in with no issues and work.
How method/kit are you going to use to connect the 700R4 TV cable?
Old 12-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #672
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kev-O View Post
How method/kit are you going to use to connect the 700R4 TV cable?
I have a Lokar setup. It costs out the ass but man is it a sweet little deal. All billet all in one setup. It has my throttle and tv cable all in one and mounted perfect. I will just have to buy the Lokar 700 cable from Lokar and replace the TH350 cable from Lokar.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/lok-tcb-4150
Old 12-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #673
ray1970

Ray here.

The back of the controller did not fall apart.
The back side of the UBC portal falls out its very very small and you have to take the back side of the controller off to see or fix it .....not hard..
And this is part of the problem most people have never seen the inside of UBC portal and have no idea what am talking about..they just plug in and go...

Using the cable that was supplied with the kit...

Ray.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #674
RodsGreen10

Ordered up the 700r4 crossmember from bowtie overdrives. Made specific for 75-77 c10 truck direct bolt in. I like direct bolt in makes life easy. But as most know sometimes direct bolt in does not happen all the time.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:02 PM   #675
swampbog

Quote:
Ray here.

Ray,
I'm curious on who you talked to that gave you this answer.
I called once and got a rather strange answer and I was wondering if it's the say person.
Every place seems to have that one person who just goes through the motions.