The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #1
tobascofred

Chevy C10 350 new Summit carb Question

Greetings all. I just purchased a Summit Racing M08600VS 600 CFM carb to replace a worn out Quadrajet, as well a 2969 Edlebrock adapter plate to go from the "square" carb bolt pattern to the 4 1/4 by 5 5/8 Quadrajet pattern on the intake manifold. (I think the carb is a direct copy of a Holley 1406 Performer).

The carb came with a very thick (thermal?) gasket (see photo). When I place that gasket on the adapter and site down the bores I see that it makes a really poor transition from carb bottom to adapter plate. I assume that this will mess up the air flow?

Does it make more sense to use a standard thin gasket (two supplied with adapter) for a cleaner transition or use the thick (thermal?) gasket? Thanks in advance for any insight.

tobascofred
Attached Images

Last edited by tobascofred; 07-29-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: incorrect part number entered
tobascofred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #2
Jrainman

Re: Chevy C10 350 new Summit carb Question

I think you are correct in the Summit bought the rights from holly to produce that carb, I also think you will need to use that thermal gasket to make the correct seal ,if I remember the front part of the seal needs to be much wider then normal to get a good seal............
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote