The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
1950Rand

1960 Chevrolet K20 4x4 - Your thoughts please

I recently picked up this bone stock K20 factory 4x4 long bed. I love the old Chev 4x4's and wanted to attempt to save this one. It was a one owner (now two) pickup ordered new in 1960 without a box so that a flatbed could be installed and used on the ranch. The owner removed the flatbed for another truck before I picked it up. It has the straight 6 and four speed manual transmission and factory 15" split ring wheels. It only has 41,xxx miles and was last licensed in 1972. It was used on the farm since that time for hauling hay and never left the ranch. It runs, drives, hubs are free, shifts in and out of 4 wheel drive and stops but that is the end of the good news. The cab has rust in the floorboard and the front fenders and hood has some dents. The door limiter straps are gone and the doors are dented from over opening. It has several oil leaks I haven't tracked down yet. Motor is bone stock and hasn't been touched except oil changes. I found this forum and wanted to ask you all your opinions and merits of restoring this truck to a weekend driver. I'm trying to understand time and costs involved. I have a shop and most basic tools but am not a body or paint guy. I could manage the cleanup of frame, tranny, etc. One option I've considered is trying to find a solid 2wd doner body to swap over to the 4x4 chaises. I found a complete 1966 K10 longbed 2wd but wanted to stay with the '60 body. Appreciate your thoughts.
Attached Images

1950Rand is offline   Reply With Quote