The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
john
member #16

frequently asked questions

what happened to the old 67-72 FAQ that was sorted by suspension-engine- electrical- etc? Could it be restored? It was alot easier to locate something.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Faq

The threads had to be reworked due to folks using photobucket etc and losing pics. I know it has been a while, but is a work in progress. When you look at it now it has sections for year and suspension etc. I hope to one day have a master index done like krue had
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Really not happy with FAQ Guys version of this. Lots of wasted effort, no credit to contributors at all...borderline disrespectful to all the guys who worked hard to make the content. While its debatably more organized, it seems at the expense of those who actually built it.

And this dang spellchecker STILL doesn't recognize a few hundred words commonly used in the English language.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I believe you are referring to the 60-66 post? The information is still there. The post that was taken down, was built off of the one that was there already (built by the members of this community, not one person) and it had 'snarky' comments toward the site staff in the logs. It was taken down due to a few issues, which are being worked on.

FAQ Guy, is the admin FAQ account we have had for many years. It is being used across the site to change all the INDEX pages, to a uniform look, which in turn will help us be able to index the actual FAQ area.

I am unsure of how anything is at anyones expense, or why reorganizing a faq page to make it user friendly would offend anyone.

However, with all that said, it is completely different than what John was referring to, which is our actual site FAQ area.

If you have any suggestions on how you would like to see the FAQ area go forward, we would love to hear them. Please PM Josh at anytime with suggestions and ideas on the subject.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
john
member #16

The thing I noticed was krue posted relevant topics, and now any one can post any forum question in the FAQ. Not a complaint, just curious. Great job from all of the forum staff. Also I realize how much work it is to keep things going in the right direction.

Last edited by john; 10-12-2014 at 05:30 PM.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

John, can you link me to where you are talking about. Maybe the setup of the forum itself is confusing. There is one area folks can post, the actual FAQs themselves are broken down from krues list, into sub forums. If that setup is not working, it is still early enough to come up with one that does.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Geeze, every time I look at this thread title it throws me for a sec, caps woulda been better FAQ =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
crossfire84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Geeze, every time I look at this thread title it throws me for a sec, caps woulda been better FAQ =)
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
crossfire84 is offline   Reply With Quote