The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Parke10

72 SWB C10 Ground Up Accuair/PB/LSA Build

I'm more than likely going to be terrible at this whole build thread concept but I'll give it a shot. Truck is a 72 SWB C10 that my dad,my brother, and myself started to restore years ago to give to my brother for his 16th birthday ( he's now 31 ) due to a divorce the truck was put on hold for many, many years before my Dad and I decided to take it completely back apart and start up the build over again going in a completely different direction.

Called up Porter built sometime in 2015 I believe and ordered a crap load of stuff and began the very slow but steady progress of building it.

Even with my dad being knowledgeable in older vehicles and myself being knowledgeable about more modern ones this is still one hell of a learning process along the way for both of us.

For this build were going to basically completely assemble everything to make sure it's exactly how we want it, and then take it apart for paint/powder coat and final some details before finishing the final assembly.

(Ignore the massive amount of crap in the garage, too much crap and not enough storage room)

When we first started the disassembly (truck was about 85-90% complete in its previous restoration project)

Starting to mock things up so we can try and get an idea of what the hell were doing

Tacking the notch in

Mocking the rack up after the notch

Welding the notch in

Got it set on the ground again

Pops cutting the tunnel for the massive 6L90e transmission

So far this is where we sit, updates to follow as we work on it more.

If the images are too large could someone please let me know so that Ii can attempt to resize them, I looked through the rules but didn't see anything on size and personally I like larger images when reading a build thread.

Last edited by Parke10; 02-15-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Parke10 is offline   Reply With Quote