The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #11
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Things are moving along

I got the dodge frame cut up and moved out of the garage, did some cleaning and re-arranging and then moved the gmc frame into the garage. Then I started to tear down this frame. I removed a cross brace where the carrier bearing goes. That will be the area where I cut to shorten the frame. I finished removing the exhaust, then removed the front suspension. The front suspension took a little while. I still have to the steering linkage from the gear box. I also have to remove the fuel tank....the stock one isn't going to work with the shortbed.

Earlier today I made a trip to the salvage yard and got a different set of front bucket seats. The main reason was because the drivers seat that came with the truck is BEAT up bad and the recline mechanism doesn't work. The ones I got are all electric (lumbar and heated too). I also got a factory gm floor shifter. I'm hoping I can use this. It moves in the opposite direction compared to the dodge shifter, but hopefully I can make it work. While I was there I also checked out to see what the factory shortbed frame looks like. The rear leaf spring hanger comes nearly to the end of the frame. I was kinda worried, cuase I was thinking I'd need to cut off more than that, but luckily it all looks good.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote