The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #51
72ironmike

Re: paypal gift option on sales.

So, is it ok to consider someone a friend using Webster's definition and use "Friends & Family" in a transaction or is it a board rule that we cannot use it ?
I have friends on the board that were friends before I even joined the board.
72ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #52
a1vintage69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ironmike View Post
So, is it ok to consider someone a friend using Webster's definition and use "Friends & Family" in a transaction or is it a board rule that we cannot use it ?
I have friends on the board that were friends before I even joined the board.
Buyers sellers goods and services exchanged. members don't write the rules. I must say it's nice not to pay an extra 3% especially on big ticket items. My little brother Gunner is a good friend so we never pay the fee. lol
a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #53
paulspickupparts

I absorb all of the paypal fees . I feel it is honestly worth it . Fast shipping with the ease of printing labels. This does incur a little more risk for the seller but security for the buyer . If you buy a diamond and instead receive a piece of coal there is no recourse if using friends and family payment option. After all in paypal's eyes you just sent a "friend" some money . You never bought anything to avoid fees . Sadly many buyers have found ways to scam sellers . Like this .The the item is perfect when receivedf by buyer . The buyer can say the item is not as received. Paypal says return to seller . Buyer puts a brick in the box and sends it to you . Paypal now has a tracking # and will refund the buyer . In some cases before you even receive the brick. You do not have to refund the buyer , paypal has done it for you . And good luck presenting your case to paypal. Sigh

As far as fees, paypal does not charge 2.9% . It is 2.9% plus a transaction fee . On low dollar items the transaction fee plus 2.9 usually hits about 4 to 5 % Also the fees are also placed on shipping . So add a few more % there. Usually my fees on average sales are between 5 and 10 dollars per sale . So if you ship a thousand packages a year using paypal that is $5000-$10000 in fees that you have to come up with .

As far as people that use the friends deal that is up to them. Just remember when paypal loses enough money it will very quietly disappear.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:25 PM   #54
70LonghornCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1vintage69 View Post
Buyers sellers goods and services exchanged. members don't write the rules. I must say it's nice not to pay an extra 3% especially on big ticket items. My little brother Gunner is a good friend so we never pay the fee. lol
If you have a "friend" that is also a board member, you'd sell the part to them how you would when not on the site. I've sent money to my friends electronically on many occasions. I guess to tie this question to the board, I'm imagining that if you have a friend who wanted a part you have the part listed on the board, you'd post "sold locally" when your friend expressed interest and the "friend" would/should not post on the board that he/she wanted the part. Since the board is used for sales, we go by the standard that sales require taxes. If you want to give your friend a part, and he/she is so happy they feel like sending you cash to make you smile , I would venture to say the parts board is not a place for that sort of transaction (tongue in cheek throughout post) That's about the best I can explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulspickupparts View Post
I absorb all of the paypal fees . I feel it is honestly worth it . Fast shipping with the ease of printing labels. This does incur a little more risk for the seller but security for the buyer . If you buy a diamond and instead receive a piece of coal there is no recourse if using friends and family payment option. After all in paypal's eyes you just sent a "friend" some money . You never bought anything to avoid fees . Sadly many buyers have found ways to scam sellers . Like this .The the item is perfect when receivedf by buyer . The buyer can say the item is not as received. Paypal says return to seller . Buyer puts a brick in the box and sends it to you . Paypal now has a tracking # and will refund the buyer . In some cases before you even receive the brick. You do not have to refund the buyer , paypal has done it for you . And good luck presenting your case to paypal. Sigh

As far as fees, paypal does not charge 2.9% . It is 2.9% plus a transaction fee . On low dollar items the transaction fee plus 2.9 usually hits about 4 to 5 % Also the fees are also placed on shipping . So add a few more % there. Usually my fees on average sales are between 5 and 10 dollars per sale . So if you ship a thousand packages a year using paypal that is $5000-$10000 in fees that you have to come up with .

As far as people that use the friends deal that is up to them. Just remember when paypal loses enough money it will very quietly disappear.
I share your philosophy
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard