The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Payload

What I think of payload is the weight capacity a truck will handle safely. I believe that today's half ton trucks while called half ton will handle more than half ton versions of our 67-72 Chevy trucks. I think this goes for all the weight classes. And I also realize most of us have hauled more than what the load ratings in our 67-72 trucks is relatively safely.

Ive been looking for options in the future to convert my C30 to a dump bed. There are a lot of options out there and a lot of varying weight capacities.

So I'm thinking my 71 C30 should safely carry 2000lbs (one ton). Now I'm trying to decide with that in mind what capacity should my hydraulic hoist be rated at.

So as I'm pondering I got to thinking, I sure see a lot of the 67-72 C30/one ton trucks being used as car haulers. How can this be? Most things being hauled on one of those weighs more than a ton.

Maybe school me on payload, and help me decide on what size hydraulic capacity for me to be saving up for in the future. I don't know if it will ever even happen, but I think its great to dream =)

BTW Im not talking about towing capacity, but if you want to add that to the discussion that would be great.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote