The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
fordguy40

Question USA1 Industries order backlog

Ordered upholstery for my truck around the end of April, if I remember right, and haven't received it yet. Have been in contact over the course of the last few months with them and have been told that it's always a week or two out.

I've read that they make some of the best interior parts for these trucks, so I'm more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt especially in these times. For those of you who've ordered from USA1 recently, how long should I wait? I'm in no hurry, but just want some reassurance that I'll get what I paid for
Old 10-16-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: USA1 Industries order backlog

I haven't ordered from USA1 lately, but a lot of suppliers in many industries are behind. I work in the marine industry and our suppliers are back logged as well. It's just the way our life is right now.

I've ordered from a couple other automotive sources and it took weeks as well.

April is a long time though....
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
TKCR

I have been slowly getting my orders. But I’m still waiting on 2 orders since April/May. That is the case, they are waiting on their suppliers, which are slowly catching up from the lockdowns. The 2 I’m waiting on, the people that actually make the fabric materials are just getting started back up again. People don’t realize that some States have yet to open back up, where some of us have.
Don’t worry, you’ll get it.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
fordguy40

Thumbs up Re: USA1 Industries order backlog

Tom Petty had it right about waiting, I guess.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
69Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordguy40 View Post
Ordered upholstery for my truck around the end of April, if I remember right, and haven't received it yet. Have been in contact over the course of the last few months with them and have been told that it's always a week or two out.

I've read that they make some of the best interior parts for these trucks, so I'm more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt especially in these times. For those of you who've ordered from USA1 recently, how long should I wait? I'm in no hurry, but just want some reassurance that I'll get what I paid for
Same exact experience. I ordered a headliner and door bags in mid-April. Still don't have them. Keep telling me it's a couple weeks...every couple weeks.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
fordguy40

Well, somebody's looking out for me (or watching the message board)...just got delivery confirmation for my seat cover. Stoked that they got it out, hopefully everyone else's stuff isn't too far behind.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
TKCR

Quote:
Well, somebody's looking out for me (or watching the message board)...just got delivery confirmation for my seat cover. Stoked that they got it out, hopefully everyone else's stuff isn't too far behind.
I got some stuff too. I talked to Randy last week. Most of the places that actually make the fabrics, are just now getting caught up. And it has been the same with other parts. There are actually some states that are just now opening back up from these lockdowns. Or they are having to work with restrictions that are keeping them limited on production of whatever they make.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #8
69Tom

I just reached out again and got the 1-2 weeks/it's in production line. I wish they'd just tell me they don't have the fabric, they don't know when they are going to get the fabric in, and they'll get to my order when they do get it. I've now been told 1-2 weeks about 5 times since April. haha.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #9
fordguy40

Wink Re: USA1 Industries order backlog

If the parts you guys are waiting on look anything like my seat cover, they'll have been worth the wait.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #10
TKCR

Quote:
If the parts you guys are waiting on look anything like my seat cover, they'll have been worth the wait.
They are worth the wait
Old 10-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #11
Ad Cam

This thread has me a little worried about purchasing from USA1. I reached out to them to ask about lead time for a set of bucket seat covers. They are saying 4-6 weeks, which is fine. 6 months? Geez, I hope it's not that long.
Ad Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #12
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Cam View Post
This thread has me a little worried about purchasing from USA1. I reached out to them to ask about lead time for a set of bucket seat covers. They are saying 4-6 weeks, which is fine. 6 months? Geez, I hope it's not that long.
Its the lockdowns that has everyone backed up. They can't make the covers, if they can't get the materials. But from he told me, they are getting most of the materials in now.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #13
Ad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Its the lockdowns that has everyone backed up. They can't make the covers, if they can't get the materials. But from he told me, they are getting most of the materials in now.
That's good news.
Ad Cam is offline   Reply With Quote