The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Oldfashioned

How a C10 purchase turned into insanity and Blazer builds

So I am new to the C10 Blazer world. This website, people and information has been invaluable to me in helping build trucks that were made before I was born. The amount of time and help people on here have dedicated to sharing is truly amazing. So I decided I would try to give back and start a build. I will try to be brief but I have to start from the beginning. November 2018 I finished up a couple car builds and decided I wanted a truck. My wife didn’t want me to do anymore projects so she suggested I get something finished. I started looking and couldn’t believe the prices for completed trucks that weren’t to my taste or satisfaction of quality. So I ended up bringing home a 1972 short bed C10 project that I picked up for $800. She passed me and the trailer on the way to the shop. Immediately the phone rang and she wasn’t happy...

Last edited by Oldfashioned; 03-08-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
Oldfashioned

Re: How a C10 purchase turned into insanity and Blazer builds

Here is the 1972 I had for 24 hours. I had to keep the peace. Lol
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
Oldfashioned

I couldn’t get the truck out of my head so I continued to look that week and found a 1968 C10 roller in slightly better condition. So I picked that up and brought it home. Mama wasn’t mad at this one.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Oldfashioned

Issue was that when I was getting the 68 there was something that caught my eye...
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
Oldfashioned

So naturally I talked to the misses about it and she wasn’t elated like I was. She said I had one that I needed to finish already. So you know what happens next...
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 PM   #6
Oldfashioned

Well the guy I got these c10s from had a quart of paint for the red one at his buddies house that I needed to pick up to do some touch up work. Since I was in the area picking up a engine for the white 63 and was close I stopped and grabbed it. That’s when it happened. Low and behold I saw something I wanted in the future. I’m pretty sure you guys can tell by now that I am compulsive and addicted.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I don't know squat about Blazers, but you turned that Blazer down at 2800.00 the first time around? From what Ive read, that seems to be a steal of a price.

Ive promised myself Im not dragging anything else home, and have been slowly getting rid of all my stuff, but if I found a Blazer like that I would probably buy it. BTW my honey would probably kill me lol.

Cool thread you have going, a fun read!
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #8
Oldfashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I don't know squat about Blazers, but you turned that Blazer down at 2800.00 the first time around? From what Ive read, that seems to be a steal of a price.

Ive promised myself Im not dragging anything else home, and have been slowly getting rid of all my stuff, but if I found a Blazer like that I would probably buy it. BTW my honey would probably kill me lol.

Cool thread you have going, a fun read!
Yeah I didn’t know a whole lot about Blazers either. Originally from Philly and have seen my fair share of rust but being in Florida I have become spoiled with clean cars. When I looked at the Blazer it was 4K and he came down to 2800. I thought it was awful rusty for that at the time. Wow was I wrong after seeing others. I wanted to pay 2500 and dug my heels in the sand. The guy didn’t need to sell it and I actually talked him out of selling it before I left. He took down the ad and everything. He was very surprised when I called and wanted to buy it later. I had just cleaned house myself of quite a few things and said I wouldn’t do this again... lol
Old 03-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #9
Oldfashioned

Here is some of the bad on Arizona. At the time I thought this was really bad and didn’t realize that they had come out with all the replacement panels.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2019, 11:25 AM   #10
Oldfashioned

Here is some more of the bad on Arizona. The transfer case was ratchet strapped In and half hanging out. It was obviously full of dirt and a old random baby shoe? It had trash and debris all in it. My biggest concern was that I couldn’t get the passenger door open and had no idea what I would find lurking behind it. Front seats were gone with a bench in place was another bummer.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2019, 11:36 AM   #11
Oldfashioned

Arizona tear down begins. I was super worried about what might be lurking behind what I believe was the original windshield. I was pleasantly surprised.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #12
Oldfashioned

Can someone tell me the how I can get the pictures not to be upside down? Sorry I suck at this.