The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2024, 11:24 AM   #1
pjmoreland

Speed Warning Speedometer Needles

These came inna parts lot I purchased recently. I'm not sure about the condition.

$25 shipped
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Speed Warning Speedometer Needles

Patrick, we'll take the pictured s/w needles, drop us a message if you come across any other unneeded speed warning parts/pieces on your end. Thanks, Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:07 PM   #3
pjmoreland

Mel, here are some other parts that I believe are speed warning related. Also, I found a bunch of tach mounting hardware. Let me know if you want these parts.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2024, 05:44 PM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Mel, here are some other parts that I believe are speed warning related. Also, I found a bunch of tach mounting hardware. Let me know if you want these parts.
Sure, I'll go ahead take the pieces that I highlighted in your below picture, I am also adding some pics of a few other speed warning head related items that I would be interested in purchasing if they should happen to be in your spare parts bins. The shown parts are a speedo face plate mounting screw (plastic), a speedo head to rear tin grounding tab, a main adjustment cable shaft gear and coupler sleeve. Not pictured, but I would also be interested in any OE style buzzers working or not, the local old timer that I mentioned earlier on the phone regarding servicing OE tach heads can also repair these old OE speed warning buzzers. Let me know if you can Id any of these items in your spare parts bins and my total due. Thanks again, Mel
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2024, 06:02 PM   #5
pjmoreland

I found three of those little brass pieces with the pointed ends. There was also a curved brass washer and an L-shaped terminal in the same little box. Are those speed warning related?
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2024, 06:20 PM   #6
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I found three of those little brass pieces with the pointed ends. There was also a curved brass washer and an L-shaped terminal in the same little box. Are those speed warning related?
Okay, we'll take the three grounding tabs shown on the left side of your above pic, any luck on the main adjustment cable shaft gear (light blue) and coupler sleeve or the black plastic screw shown in my above pics? Mel
Old 03-22-2024, 06:24 PM   #7
pjmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
Okay, we'll take the three grounding tabs shown on the left side of your above pic, any luck on the main adjustment cable shaft gear (light blue) and coupler sleeve or the black plastic screw shown in my above pics? Mel
I did not find any of those, unfortunately.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:37 PM   #8
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Hey Patrick, the funds were just sent via paypal on these misc. speed warning parts and the air pressure gauge setup from your other f/s thread. Thanks again, Mel