The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
ddc456

1978 Chevy 4x4 One Ton Crew Cab

long time looker on the site, but finally putting my latest project one here that i have had for about 14 months. I bought the truck in Jan of 2018 for $2,500. It was a bit of a ragged out hunting rig that needed some help but the bones were there. Pick up came with a 8k Warn Winch, rear air bags, twin stick NP203 w/ a TH400, BB, Dana 60, 14 bolt in the rear, 50 gallon slip tank. But defiantly needed some help! .........Plus I found a 77 crew cab parts pickup that i robbed the doors, door panels, instrument bezel (I love the wood grain) headliner insert and molding and many other parts. Bought a front clip and bed off a 73 Suburban, so i'll be install the 73 grill, love the grills in that year. The thing has been a labor of love as most projects are, considering i've installed new front floor pans (first time welding in floor pans, challenging but a learning experience), rewired the truck as the original wiring harness was fried! put in a headliner, repainted the dash and welded holes Plus i've bought countless amounts of new parts, dash, gauge lens, locks, rocker chrome moldings, map pockets, etc etc etc. I know i am missing a lot as the project has been on going but here is a start to the thread. Tons more to come.
Attached Images

ddc456 is offline   Reply With Quote