The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2003, 04:10 AM   #1
magoo72

3.07 rearend off to the yard

saturday my wife and i went on a ""look and see"" to the yards. we went to 3 yards and bought a little something at all of em . the first on i got me a manual chock cable out of a 68,the second i got a under hood lite,and the 3rd i got me some parking lite assemblies out of a 72. but the find of the day was at the second yard. i ran across me a complete rear end out of a 71 with the gears i been a hunting 3.07 43/14's for 70 $. so thanks to the MLK holiday my 12 yearold daughter will assist me on my parts run Monday morning. so as soon as i get off work at 7AM i am gonna swing buy and pick up my girl and we goin to the yard to pull it out and haul it back home.
good father/daughter day wouldnt you say? mrmagoo
magoo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:59 AM   #2
hughnews1

have a nice day off ... leaving here for work at the hosp and 6 outside ...
hughnews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 02:37 AM   #3
magoo72

man what a job!! everything went well on the removal till the last u-bolt one side was froze in place.after wearing out my hammer tryin to loosen it up,i finally had to bite the bullett and call for backup(cuttin torch) and forklift to try and loossen it up. finnally the truck gave in and let us have the rearend.
it had about an inch of grease and dirt on it and took 5$ worth of quarters to get it where i could see what i had.
now comes the learning part of how to refurbish it. new seals,bearings etc. anybody got advice on this feel free to share.
over all it was a good father /daughter day in the yard!
mr magoo
magoo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:08 PM   #4
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

I think it will be too hard for you to work on. You don't have the right tools. I think you should crate it up and send it to me. I'll take good care of it. I promise!
Good find. and good to hear your kid is into helping too. Hope you guys have fun on the whole project.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote