The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Born Lucky

Thumbs up Always check Amazon.com

I am a price shopper when I purchase large orders.
So, like always I go internet shopping! I have found that I swing towards Rock Auto.com for most things. The pass few times I have also looked into Amazon. They sometimes knock it out of the park, sometimes.
This sometime was on 9/30/2013, I started my search with ball joints, upper and lower. I logg onto Rock Auto and decide on Raybestos Professional Grade,they list upper for $36.79 and lower for $28.79. I also open another tab and logg onto Amazon. Upper for $11.44 and lower for $9.40. The deal is only 2 of each available,well that's all I need! Next,I look into the control arm bushing, they have them listed for $4.99 each (Rock Auto $19.11 each) 2 available,I buy. Again today, I logg onto Amazon and they have 2 more available for $5.99, I buy. Finished for now.
I saved over $140.00 just by giving Amazon a look. Amazon sells everything, unbeleivable.
Born Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: Always check Amazon.com

Yep, gotta shop it.

I just picked up two upper and two lower control arm shaft kits from parts geek....9.99 each for the upper kits and 11.99 each for the lower kits. Just got em in this week and they look fine. The bushings and seals are in the same orange and black wrappers as the moog parts often come in. My guess is mosta this stuff, regardless of branding is made off shore anymore.

Previously I picked up a near complete front suspension package from a member here for about 60 bucks. Moog and some LMC stuff but it was all the ball joints, rubber snubbers and the outer tie rod ends.

I picked up inner tie rod ends from orellies today for 9.99 each on the shelf and since I'm furloughed....I might just dive into a front suspension rebuild tomorrow......

I already had the idler and pitman arm from Ol John Lee so its lookin like my new front suspension will be under $200 including a $75 charge for realignment! Just a rag joint short of a complete job at this point.

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-03-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Sharps40 is offline   Reply With Quote