The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
Kleantouch

Carpet and sound deadening material

Are there any opinions out there in Blazer-land about the best way to secure the carpet to the floor, and at the same time- any good, proven ways to deaden the sound and heat from my 454/Hookers/Flowmasters/Straight out the back (I don't ever plan on putting the top back on, and they look sooooooooo cool) exhaust? I already have the carpet. Has anybody done anything real cool? polished stainless strips, chrome, super adhesive, etc?
Thanks,
Carl
Kleantouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:16 AM   #2
72CST

When I had the interior put in mine, I had the place put some foam padding sheets, much like the foam padding under the carpet in your home. That was then secured with some industrial spray glue, then the carpet was placed on top of the padding and the crome hold down strips(by the tailgate, two doors, and between the front and back seats). I would not say it is proven, but it sure made my ride a lot quieter. If you want some pictures of my interior just e-mail me.
72CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Jimmy72custom

I had the whole floor, bed sides, and tailgate done with spray on bed liner. Then in the front, jute backing and carpet. In the rear just carpet. I did the liner for noise and to help out with rust prevention. I run with no top or my rag top.
Jimmy72custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #4
71 Blazer CST man
Account Suspended

Mine WAS set up like 72cst.....but after years of water commming in from the hatch, and water comming in from pin holes in my bed......i tore everything out. the foam was intact....but exactly like a big sponge!!!....i took that out, the carpet, and the rubber liner which i think goes between the metal(beD)and foam....didnt do much to stop water though.

Now my settups more like jimmy72's, after i stripped it all i took out the cargo panels, backseat(Already out)and roll back i shot the whole bed with zolotone(liner)....did that in winter with the top ON too...heh.
71 Blazer CST man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #5
blazerslave

I plan on using one of these products:

http://www.sounddeadener.com/Dynamat...iner/index.htm

The deck of my Blazer feels like it's about 200 degrees when I'm driving down the road. Dynamat is awesome . . . but I think I'll buy it on Ebay.