The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
Arekusu

static drop 3/4 questions

Hi all -

I've been watching this board for a while trying to get a lot of info together to buy parts for my 64 back in N.M. while I'm here in Japan. Now is the time to buy and I thought I had it all sorted, but ran into some differences in parts from different companies (brothers, end ECP).

I'm looking to do a 3/4 drop.

I was just going to go springs for now because I cant remember if the front end off of the 85 C-10 that I pulled had inch or inch and a quarter rotors on it so I don't want to buy the wrong drop spindles.

A difference is Early Classic Enterprises offers a premium 2/4 drop kit with shock relocators and a adjustable panhard bar. Do I need the shock relocators and the adj. panhard bar? What happens if I don't get this stuff..? Brothers (to my knowledge) isn't selling it.

This is my first time dropping anything so I'm pretty much clueless unless I've read it here or overheard "good advice". So if you guys can think of something else (bags are a little expensive for me now) or some other place to buy my stuff please let me know. Sarcasm and ridicule are fully expected and appreciated.

Alex
Arekusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
fchava

Re: static drop 3/4 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arekusu View Post
Hi all -

I've been watching this board for a while trying to get a lot of info together to buy parts for my 64 back in N.M. while I'm here in Japan. Now is the time to buy and I thought I had it all sorted, but ran into some differences in parts from different companies (brothers, end ECP).

I'm looking to do a 3/4 drop.

I was just going to go springs for now because I cant remember if the front end off of the 85 C-10 that I pulled had inch or inch and a quarter rotors on it so I don't want to buy the wrong drop spindles.

A difference is Early Classic Enterprises offers a premium 2/4 drop kit with shock relocators and a adjustable panhard bar. Do I need the shock relocators and the adj. panhard bar? What happens if I don't get this stuff..? Brothers (to my knowledge) isn't selling it.

This is my first time dropping anything so I'm pretty much clueless unless I've read it here or overheard "good advice". So if you guys can think of something else (bags are a little expensive for me now) or some other place to buy my stuff please let me know. Sarcasm and ridicule are fully expected and appreciated.

Alex
I am running the CCP 4" rear drop with stock pan hard and stock shock location. No problems on my truck. If you are planning for drop spindles at a later time, I would not get the 3" front springs. I ran 3" springs with 2.5" spindles on the front and I got tired of my tires hitting the bolts on the inner fenders plus rubbing the bumper going in driveways. I have
2" + 2.5" spindles now and I am much happier. All CPP parts
fchava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:13 AM   #3
Arekusu

Thanks for the help (sorry for the late reply). I'll post a build thread when I throw this thing together in about 2 weeks.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
kdrodworks316
KOFFIN DRAGGER

I have 2.5 spindles and 3" coils up front and 5" coils out back. All my stuff is CPP and the ride is decent and I haent noticed any clearance problems. If you do 4"-5" coils out back, dont forget to buy the c-notch kit or you will ride on the bump stops. I found out the hard way. Other than that I am on stock shocks and panhard bar.

New updated stuff at www.kdrodworks.com
My site still needs help, web guys and gals pm me.

the best guys in the whole world:
sweet70beast, jonzcustomshop, runninlow, captainfab, and the one I havent met yet, joe231
kdrodworks316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
Arekusu

Interesting.. I wonder why they have this stuff then. Maybe for slammed applications? Thanks for your reply.