The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
fourspeedwagon

Fuel tank for ‘68 C10 Suburban

I’ve had my Suburban for about 10 years now. Runs fine, 350 and stick with factory 4.10 gears so it isn’t super happy on the freeway.
I’d really like to use it as a semi daily like I did previously for several years but now I work further away. Long story short, I bought a 2005 Sierra that had been hit in the rear. Runs great, only 160k miles. I looked for a while to find the right wreck so as to be able to use as much as possible for the swap. The only thing I would’ve preferred is if I had found one with a manual trans but they seem super rare in my area- possibly everywhere?

In my quest to not buy more stuff than necessary, I’m wondering about the fuel tank from the ‘05. I have the bed removed and see the tank. Not huge but that could be helpful in fitting it in. Second choice would be if I could put the fuel pump in the ‘68 tank. Last option for me would be to buy another tank..

So- that’s the question. Anyone been able to fit their donor rig’s tank into their project truck?

Pictures, just because
Attached Images

“People are shocked when they find out I’m not a good electrician”
Dad told me “Son, never strike a man in anger- unless you’re certain you can get away with it”
fourspeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote