The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2020, 09:07 AM   #1
Ironhorse

Why EDIT The Price From Sale Ads?

I have seen this from time to time and I know it has been brought up before as to the instance BUT never have I seen a definitive answer by the individual selling the item ???

By deleting the selling price it takes away some good to know information both for future sellers and buyers. What a particular item sells for and what a person can expect to have to spend to obtain a needed or wanted part can help future ads and sales.

For those who have done such and are reading this: would you kindly explain the reasoning behind editing out the sale price. Is it a guarded secret what the item sold for? How does that even come into play on a internet forum? Curious as to the reasoning behind such an edit?
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Why EDIT The Price From Sale Ads?

One reason I find why the sale of something is not listed after the sale ,,is like here in Idaho where I moved from Oregon.. Oregon does not have sales tax .So what ever price a buyer buys a car or truck or camper for example in Oregon ,,he does not have to pay the state a percentage of the cost.. In Idaho here it is .06 percent ,And I have been ask to write up a sales paper when selling a vehicle for less the price I listed it for ..

This is guess as I do not know of any who has done it ,but beings I have been ask , I think it is done

The Vehicles I have sold since moving here to Idaho ,,I have declined to do this for the buyer.. .
Old 06-30-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Gary, I'm a bit curious about that too. Hope you get some replies.... it will be interesting to find out why.

Larry, good on ya for not providing a false sales slip. I've been asked to do that too, but declined. They can lie to the state all they want, just leave me out of it.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
cwcarpenter98

I'm not sure the reasoning why. I always check the boards to see what the market price is around and judge what I would pay for something if I am looking for or needing it

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
Ironhorse

Precisely why I question the practice of editing or deleting the posted price of the item after the sale is completed. Am thinking it is a great source of info when trying to establish the cost of items when selling or buying. Just not understanding the need to remove the item price????
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #6
Harlowhead1972
Account Suspended

I think leaving sold ads up with the sale price is important. I often search the parts board for sold items to make sure my prices are fair and in line with the market. Harlow
Harlowhead1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #7
flashed

I have always wondered why as well . Im like you guys , like to know how much things are going for so my stuff is priced fairly .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:19 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

It bugs me and I come right out in the listing and ask/tell them to put the price back, and explain why deleting the price is a bad idea. This isn't Craigslist or any other exclusively "for sale" classified listing. Our parts board is a side benefit to our members who are here as a social community and resource for older GM Truck owners.

>>>> What bugs me most is where did those who deleted their price get an idea for how much their part was worth before they posted it up?? <<<< Right! It sure made it easy being able to look up what others have sold their parts for before listing theirs.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-03-2020 at 08:34 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote