The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
6lcummins

Re: 1988 Suburban "V Rig" Gets Cummins Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Tony, I have this Fleetgaurd filter on my truck: FS1251. It has no plastic water drain like the kind on your truck now. It has a metal drain valve in it like what's on a radiator. Napa may be able to cross that to a Wix number too. Yeah, that carpet sure bunched up below the gas pedal. It's probabaly like a new animal now!
That FS1251 is in stock here at Kenworth, we have four and they are around $14 a shot and are a normally stocked item, plus its 100x better filter than WIX.
6lcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
v-man

Got the Fleetguard filter installed, hope that does the trick. Looks like the injection pump could be a source of some leaking, I'm not sure. will check tommorow after I haul a load to the farm. She's running great after that little foot feet dodad. I definitely see rear air bags in the future. Loaded dump trailer puts the hurt on. H&H trailers axles are too far aft, puts to much tounge weight At some point going to have to modify engine mount. Seems to be smacking the differential to often. Burned down Accurate mechanical last night. Have to find a new shop for cylinder work. Have a great weekend everyone
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
v-man

Indeed. Had 3 fuel lines leaking at the injection pump. Finally the source of all that diesel fuel. Thanks to the DieselWrencher for over the phone tech advice. I've never heard of crowfeet wrenches. But I now own a set of metric ones. You aint getting those puppies tightened without them. Had 3 lines that needed snugging up. So far she's bone dry. This stuff is small potatoes for you guys, but for me I'm learning something everyday. What did guys do before the internet. thanks for all the advice.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
kwin

Been studying your posts, getting ready to start my swap In the next week or two. Moving the jeep (cummins in it) and the 3/4 ton suburban frame into the shop. Looking forward to getting some progress. Got to pull the head off the cummins and see where one impeller blade when from the old turbo. Yuck!
Posted via Mobile Device

www.ramsaywinsor.com
kwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
ryanroo

Re: 1989 Suburban "V Rig" Gets Cummins Power

Holy Cow, not related to an answer, but i just saw that you are from Macksburg. i hrew up very close to there and one of my good friends married a girl from Macksburg!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote