The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
ViviensTractor5110

Light wispy smoke out of right bank at highway speed

Ladies, gentlemen...

I'm grateful to be back in an audience with some of the most knowledgeable people around...fresh off a banning from our beloved board.

Anyways...I recently dumped the 250 and threw in a small block 400. Motor runs great aside from this scary fact...when I reach highway speed a very faint trail of smoke is left behind my right exhaust. I know it could be a million things, the curious part is that it only occurs at 2500+ rpms cruising...not necessarily under hard acceleration. Start up...low rpms..idle..acceleration are all clean. Any insight is very much appreciated.

The plan is to start yanking plugs tomorrow and going through the motions but I'm a little freaked and need to borrow a compression gauge as yet...wondering if anyone has seen similar...hopefully something stupid like a valve guide or clogged breather but I'm not lucky enough for that.

As a side note it runs ice cold...160 with no shroud...before all the steam hole Siamese cylinder talk starts.

Thanks again
ViviensTractor5110 is offline   Reply With Quote