The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2004, 10:03 PM   #11
Vince M

Taylor....you're way ahead of me. I'm doing a ground up rodstoration and am just getting the chassis all together. I test fitted everything and then stripped everything down to get blasted, painted and coated. I figured I just get to the electrical when I get to it.
The radiator hoses exit on the same side of the motor. On mine they are towards the passenger side. I'm not sure if I'm going to a custom radiator or pipe to the stock one yet.
For now I'm using the stock F-body exhaust manifolds. They look like they will work good and have the O2 sensor in it.
For the gas I'm going with an inline fuel pump and it depends on which kind of gas manifold is on your motor. There are a few versions depending on the donor vehicle. I'm keeping the stock gas tank location and going to run the pump somewhere on the frame rails. You will need apx 60 psi pump. Some of the manifolds have a return line and regulator at the motor some don't. Street and Performance sell either kind and they also have a gas manifold that switches the feed side.
68 LSS1 has his up and running and can give you some more info. From the pictures posted above the 5.3 looks completely different than the LS1/LS6.