The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
Zeroman

Man hour question

I need to know about how many man hours it should take to re-assemble a 1969/70 SWB Step Side after paint. Just the panels.

I need a break down by cab forward, and the bed, assuming the initial alignment process before paint was done correctly.

How many hours for setting the cab, hanging the doors, installing the radiator core support, hanging the the fenders, installing the hood and hinges, and alignment?

How many hours to re-assemble the bed. Front Panel, side panels, rear sill plate, steps, fenders, tailgate, and alignment?
Zeroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
MARTINSR

Re: Man hour question

That is an unbelievably wide open question. How about between 8 and 50 hours, somewhere in the middle, and you can't hold me to that!

It blows me away how much time these old trucks or cars take. I am not not kidding, not one bit. I do this stuff everyday, if that was a 2012 Chevy pickup I could start after lunch and have it done before I left for home at 5:30. With a 60's car or truck, a few full days at the very least. And this if the parts WERE properly aligned, VERY seldom is that done....properly.

Add for reproduction parts and add a few days!

Honestly, 16-25 hours would be a reasonable guess if everything was done "decent" as far as pre-fitting.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: Man hour question

As always I agree with MS. I'm gonna say your looking about 20-25 maybe even 30 hours This is a lot of work if you have ever done one you can see what I'm talking about. Some shops are gonna need two guys to do the assm. cause some parts have to have help
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote