The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
MrMilks

Wheels

Anyone know a good place\website to get after market wheels? I'm wanting 20's for my 85. Anyone got suggestions as far as a style of rim or anything, that would be nice too.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
hartbraker

Re: Wheels

I spent a considerable amout of time looking around for deals a prices both locally and throughout the internet. The best place I could find was 4wheelonline.com They are a wholesaler so you tend to get better prices and most of the time you can find a deal for free shipping. As far as suggestions/styling goes... it completely depends on whether you wanna go up down or stay stock heighth in my mind... but here is what i went with. 20x10 with 4.5" back spacing wrapped in 36x13.5 irok radials. Hope this helps
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Heavy1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartbraker View Post
I spent a considerable amout of time looking around for deals a prices both locally and throughout the internet. The best place I could find was 4wheelonline.com They are a wholesaler so you tend to get better prices and most of the time you can find a deal for free shipping. As far as suggestions/styling goes... it completely depends on whether you wanna go up down or stay stock heighth in my mind... but here is what i went with. 20x10 with 4.5" back spacing wrapped in 36x13.5 irok radials. Hope this helps
What brand wheels are you running on your truck? Not usually a fan of anything taller a 16.5" wheel on these trucks, but that looks pretty killer.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Pro Performance

Let me know if you need help with wheels. We carry Showwheels, which are an affordable wheel for 20's and have the right backspace for your truck.

Showwheels Streeter

- Travis

Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
hartbraker

Sorry this is such a late reply. The wheels I am running in the above picture are American Racing Wheel - Justice... I believe it's part of their ATX line. They were very well priced. I went with the larger diameter rim strictly to allow for a higher load rating.
While I do love the overall look of how the wheel tire combo came out... I typically prefer about a 17 inch rim. Best size to allow for a wide range of tires at more reasonable prices.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
Billett

craigslist. every now and again you can find a super good deal on there for a set you may not have seen before. I got a set of real clean 17x9.5 black z06 rims for $250
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote