The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
drjeffdc

Cool Ol Virgil

This ol 71 has been in the family along time. Origional owner was my great uncle Virgil. after his passing his wife sold it to my dad. It sat most of its life beside my dads garage. wasn't driven much. Dad finally got tired of the armstrong steering and became a Chrystler fan so he sold it to my Brother Joe. Joe again, didn't really drive ol virgil much and he sat most of the time. Joe invested some to keep him running and on good rubber but despite this ol Virgil was still delapidating. Joe wanted to keep ol virgil in the family so he sold him to me for a song. I started by just giving ol Virgil a good cleaning. took the seat out and pressure washed the insde. then could not tollerate the flakeing rear bumper anymore so I put on some new paint after adding a reciever hitch to the bumper. You ever see that movie " Field of Dreams", well I like ol Kevin find myself in a positon of compulsion to do something I really can find no logical reasoning for. So here it goes. Working on a budget here ( Famous Last Words ). My plans are to replace the 6 banger with V8, armstrong steering with power, 3spd tranny with auto and chop the lwb into a swb. Leaning toward a baige metalic with off white interior. I'll post some pics of the progress.
Attached Images

drjeffdc is offline   Reply With Quote