The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2018, 03:38 AM   #26
gmcdeadhead

Re: This is a cool thing, unsold 66 Chevy trucks!

Quote:
there is no way in hell you can stay in business eating invoices on new vehicles.
lambrecht must have been selling a large volume of vehicles, then you could have afforded to let a few new vehicles go out to pasture,
gmcdeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:37 PM   #27
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcdeadhead View Post
lambrecht must have been selling a large volume of vehicles, then you could have afforded to let a few new vehicles go out to pasture,
How many vehicles did they sell a year? Was that info ever given? I would like to see the numbers and do the math. A base model brand new '64 was about $2,000. In todays dollars, that's approx. $16,000. Now multiply by the number of unsold pickups and cars etc. Wow, that's a lot of dough for such a frugal man that offered such great deals to loose. As the great Tom Petty once said " You can believe what you want to believe" I still believe my earlier post.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #28
Yorkauto

No it was a trade in that was parked in the field, as far as I can tell it was traded in in 1968 with 28000 miles on it, I do not feel to bad about take this one apart and changing it. It did need quite a bit of floor and rocker work where it had sat in the dirt and moisture got to it, but it wasn't to bad. The frame and suspension components just had surface rust on them you could still read the factory stamped part numbers on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Seriously? Is the black truck also one of the no mile, never titled trucks?
Yorkauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #29
60-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
How many vehicles did they sell a year? Was that info ever given? I would like to see the numbers and do the math. A base model brand new '64 was about $2,000. In todays dollars, that's approx. $16,000. Now multiply by the number of unsold pickups and cars etc. Wow, that's a lot of dough for such a frugal man that offered such great deals to loose. As the great Tom Petty once said " You can believe what you want to believe" I still believe my earlier post.
So how DID he stay in business by collecting 400 plus trade ins and all those new cars (referring to your first post comment ) ??? If what I was "told" is incorrect . I agree , lots of "stories" but he had to be making money somehow.
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #30
60-66

Heres the only other pictures I have of your black truck and your 63. Somewhere I have all the original pictures the auction company had taken.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #31
60-66

Heres some pictures of Lambrechts house right across the street from the dealership and some of the inside of the building from auction week. Another story about how Lambrecht was , this dealership was not insulated or insulated very poorly , there were stories floating around about how cold it was for the mechanic working on the cars/trucks inside here.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #32
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Was the dealership lot in a flood plain? Insurance right offs bought back for peanuts?
Just had to bring this up, historic flooding in Nebraska as I post. Elkhorn River runs very close to the town of Pierce.

Last edited by factorystock; 03-20-2019 at 05:57 PM.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #33
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

This is so interesting to me, I had a friend years ago, actually a family friend who worked at a small local dealership near my home town, he said that back then, trade ins were real cheap and when someone came to buy new, they bought what was on the lot for the asking price.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #34
Old Truck Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack_Attack View Post
Sounds like the guy was in the wrong business....he should have sold produce.
Exactly. My opinion he was simply pig headed stupid. Folks who went to the auction and paid more that junk price for those vehicles had more money or credit than they had brains. In Arkansas if you buy a vehicle that has never been licenced and all you have is the Manufactures cert of origon. You have to pay sales tax on what it cost when new.
Old Truck Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #35
Johns 66

Just saw this thread. It does my heart so good to see these trucks go to someone who will love and cherish them. I had never heard of this or I guess I would have been one who went and bought a brand spanking new old Chevy truck with 10 miles or less....rust and all.

I am glad I have my 66 and while she aint perfect she does remind me of a simpler time in this country...not all bells and whistles, electronic gadgets. Something about riding down an old country road, dual exhaust and worn out glasspacks singing the sweetest tune a kid ever wanted to hear while the windows were down on a clear spring day.....oh the memories
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #36
Robert Haas

The "field" had mostly fleet level strippers, as that seemed to be the left over inventory that Lambrecht probably received some relief from Chevrolet on. There were a couple vehicles of value stored indoors that were true jewels. A convertible Impala with 4 miles on it was pulled out of there. He also had a Corvette in there.

I would never call the man or any decision makers in the family Stupid. I don't know them. I would say they had an interesting value system that none of us are privvy to.
Robert Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #37
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Truck Man View Post
Exactly. My opinion he was simply pig headed stupid. Folks who went to the auction and paid more that junk price for those vehicles had more money or credit than they had brains. In Arkansas if you buy a vehicle that has never been licenced and all you have is the Manufactures cert of origon. You have to pay sales tax on what it cost when new.
Seems like a harsh summary unless you know ALL the details of each purchase (amount; condition of truck; etc...??). Rules in Arkansas are just that & possibly differ in other states.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #38
weim55

I'd have to say the marketing done by the auction company ( brilliant )as well as word of mouth fire spread on the Internet: not likely there's been many auctions with the $$ haul per unit this one did. Jaw dropping $$. Think what you will of the old man that put all the wheels in motion 50 years ago, his family came away mighty sweet ($$!!) the day that auction ended. And some new owners got some once-in-a-lifetime iron......

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote