The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
Greasey Harley

Re: Chevy 350 Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntrustedAlly View Post
That's what I was thinking. I just found an amazing deal on rebuilt vortec heads, an intake, and a 750CFM Holley. that I'm picking up tomorrow. That should take care of the heads.

That's a good plan, I'll definitely test it when I get the chance.

I am not opposed to making it a 383, but what other options do I have for 400hp, taking into account the new heads and carb? Would a used turbo be a reasonable option if I did my own fabrication?
With enough time and enough money Anything is Possible. If you're going to try to build your own Turbo System, you better have a solid plan in place before you buy a part or turn a bolt! If you just want to fix your motor, or figure out what's wrong with it, I still suggest a leak down test as your first recourse.
Greasey Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:35 AM   #2
UntrustedAlly

Re: Chevy 350 Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasey Harley View Post
With enough time and enough money Anything is Possible. If you're going to try to build your own Turbo System, you better have a solid plan in place before you buy a part or turn a bolt! If you just want to fix your motor, or figure out what's wrong with it, I still suggest a leak down test as your first recourse.
The guy that was going to sell me the vortec heads just offered me this deal:
79 Corvette motor bored 30 over with flat top TRW forged pistons, forged SCAT crank, and Vortec heads. 1400 miles on it $600, bolt in ready. I'm seriously considering getting that engine and selling my old one, possibly keeping the good parts from it. Would you guys say this is the best course of action?

Last edited by UntrustedAlly; 11-02-2018 at 02:19 AM.
UntrustedAlly is offline   Reply With Quote