The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
72longstepper

Front sway bar help PLEASE!

On second day of my 1-2 hour job. Have everything (almost) buttoned up but have a issue with fitment as pictures show. YouTube shows frame brackets installed "short end" towards cab the limited instruction sheet supplied by CPP shows frame brackets the opposite way. The then say to install so that the the end links are as close to straight up and down (if there are more than one hole in the control arm) ??? The friggin bar is just so wide I am already using the outside holes! Truck is stock height and will stay that way so I am using the OE frame brackets. I looked at the bar itself and could not tell any difference up or down but as you can see the angle is funky also. End links are about 2" (leaning towards the front) from being even close to straight up and down.

Pictures will not download says site is not "secure" ???

Last edited by 72longstepper; 06-14-2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Pictures did not show in post
72longstepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
Custom 68

Re: Front sway bar help PLEASE!

I don't know if this will help on your pictures but go to your webpage address bar and add the "s" to the http://
it will say https://
this will make is "secure" but the same site.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:09 PM   #3
Rick Bollinger

When I mounted my front CCP sway bar I used the 2 outside holes on the A arms. I mounted the studs on the A arms first then where front brackets mount there was a rivet that needed removed and the second hole needed to be drilled. when done it turned out pretty good. but it needs to be done with the truck on the ground which makes it tough especially if lowered.
Rick Bollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #4
72longstepper

Finally got it on--------directions from CPP show wrong way to mount supplied frame brackets. Had them on right the first time as the guy on YouTube said to do----------now I am trying to figure out why the thing fit on the second go around?????????? 70 and feeble I guess. Can't wait till I am 71 to see what else I can screw up on my restoration. TY for replies. On to rear sway bar hip hip -----

Last edited by 72longstepper; 06-15-2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: added a line
72longstepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #5
Rick Bollinger

You will really like the improvement in handling after the sway bars are on. BIG difference.
Rick Bollinger is offline   Reply With Quote