The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2023, 08:06 AM   #1
ghackett1
68 C10 Longbed

Can’t load pics

I get the pic from my computer, I hit “USE”, it gives me the pic with the jpg link, go to the bottom of page and press “Close the window” and it kicks me out.
It’s extremely frustrating can someone help me please.
I cannot get the jpg link to paste into a new post or a quote reply post.
ghackett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 09:50 AM   #2
MikeB

Re: Can’t load pics

When creating or editing a post, click on the "Advanced" button.
Click on the "paperclip" icon ()
Follow the instructions to select a .jpg file from your PC. You won't see the photo until you click on "Preview Post".

If you have some kind of photo storage/sharing service, you can usually "copy image address" and then click on the "insert image" icon ()
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 12:51 PM   #3
cericd

There are several variables that can cause issues when posting images to the forum i.e. posting from a computer vs mobile device, image size, image rotation (sideways pictures are very prevalent these days). I'm going to assume you are posting pictures that reside on your computer's hard drive since you mentioned your "computer" in your post. I was about to create a write-up on how to do this but is looks like member powerdriver_1958 has already created an excellent one located in this thread https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=627506. I don't agree with the necessity of making your image 640x480, that's pretty small by today's standards and will make some information too small to see or read if you are posting a detailed picture i.e. schematic. I believe the forum will resize an image if it is too large (to an extent) and have never had the forum give me an error when trying to post an image.

The annoying sideways image issue is due to the vBulletin forum software itself not recognizing the image rotation coding applied to an image when a picture is taken with a digital camera or mobile device. It's easy to fix but must be done on a picture-to-picture basis, unless you have access to, and are well versed in the use of a dedicated image manipulation software like Adobe Photoshop. Many of us aren't and we rely on others to correct the issue, or we just say "screw it" and leave them sideways. I fix image rotation issues with Microsoft Paint since it comes pre-installed on any PC that is running a Windows operating system.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:34 PM   #4
weq92f

Image rotation issues can be fixed without the use of image editing software using simple windows file explorer.

Just open a new file explorer window, navigate to where the image is stored, set file explorer to show thumbnails of images ( may be the default ), right click on the image in question and select "rotate" from the little menu that pops up.

Rotate it to its correct position. If the image is already in its correct position, rotate it out of position and then rotate it back into position. Then upload the image.

Hth,

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 02:34 PM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

Image rotation issues can be fixed without the use of image editing software using simple windows file explorer.

Just open a new file explorer window, navigate to where the image is stored, set file explorer to show thumbnails of images ( may be the default ), right click on the image in question and select "rotate" from the little menu that pops up.

Rotate it to its correct position. If the image is already in its correct position, rotate it out of position and then rotate it back into position. Then upload the image.

Hth,

-klb

Just to add. Sometimes after rotating it you have to save it with a new name to get rid of the Meta Tags.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:12 PM   #6
cericd

If you open the offending file in MS Paint and rotate it to the correct orientation, even if it looks right when first opening turn it a quarter in either direction then back and save the file, ctrl+S or File / Save. I’ve never had to rename. There are ways to use Windows Explorer to find out which files will show up sideways prior to trying to post them but you’ll have to play with Explorer Folder options to find the folder setting that shows orientation in a column next to the file names.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 07:08 PM   #7
tinman_local2

I can't ever get them to load from my phone either. I've wanted to post some of my truck occasionally and can't ever get it to work. I usually run out of patience and give up.
tinman_local2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:56 PM   #8
ghackett1
68 C10 Longbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman_local2 View Post
I can't ever get them to load from my phone either. I've wanted to post some of my truck occasionally and can't ever get it to work. I usually run out of patience and give up.
I finally figured it out. Couple of extra steps for sure but tonight I posted a few pics so I’m getting somewhere.
ghackett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:15 PM   #9
Getter-Done

Glad you got it going
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 05:34 PM   #10
ghackett1
68 C10 Longbed