The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
slikside

So how do you remove this connector?

The pic shows a wire with a female spade connector inside a black plastic "plug" (radio). For the life of me, I cant get the spade and/or the black case/plug out of the fuse box terminal. I have tried multiple ways with a very small screwdriver to lift some unseen tab without success. No tecnique on my part, I guess....help please.

Ran a couple searches here, but no luck. Thanks all.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
swamp rat

Re: So how do you remove this connector?

Humm, maybe a push release on the black cover? seems like it would pull right off.

If the connecter internal connector is proper to the outer cover there is a small spade that clicks into the cover, reach into the middle of it with an ice pick type tool to disengage the spade from the cover EDIT: to clarify if you push that spade it should allow the black plastic to pull toward you

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #3
slikside

Thanks Swamp Rat...Both came off together with a bit of a push on the black housing, and a stronger pull on that and the wire MALE connector inside it. Seems the black housing is there to provide a confined space for the tabbed male spade that I pulled out to hold it against the male spade terminal in the fuse box....why they didnt just use a female spade connector...I dunno.

Now to find out why that radio terminal nor three other terminals have power to them with the engine running. Only the two Unfused Ignition terminals are powered that way. The Lighter terminal is always powered. Thats prolly another thread though.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: So how do you remove this connector?

The cigarette lighter should have power all the time.
Test light the fuses and try wiggling them in the sockets. You will be surprised at the little bit of wiggling will do to make contact.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
slikside

Andy...agreed on lighter terminal.

It's the other spade terminals inside the box without power...one of which is the Radio spade terminal....that's my mark. I have a radio that Was wired into the Lighter spade via a dual connector. Wanted it that way back in high school for road parties and such (sssshhhhh! dont tell any one!lol). You could have the radio on without the key on. Only now in my MUCH later years I have inadvertently left my radio on at low volume for extended periods a couple times now. Needles to say...the battery no likey!

I haven't been to a road party lately, so I wanted to change the power source back to the Radio. The old wire was still there...that's what started this thread. But when I plugged in my "current" radio wire...nothing. Not even with the motor running. I've got it plugged into one of the 2 Ignition Unfused terminals, and that has solved my problem. But the other Unfused is occupied as well, and I will need one of them for a planned HEI upgrade.