The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #26
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Re: Have you been screwed by BROTHERSTRUCKS.COM

I have run into this twice.

On one occasion Walmart double-dipped us for a prescription. Fortunetely we had plenty to cover the over-charge and they did correct it within two days.
The other time was our VoIP provider. They hit us up twice for a voice router (that they should never have charged us once for!) That $200 came at a bad time. They did refund the money (but to our VoIP account, not to our checking account) and gave us one month free to "appologize" for the "inconveniance."

Yes, $180 in overages (our bank re-ordrs debits from largest to smallest to maximise over-draft fees) was quite inconveniant...

I think that moraly and ethicaly Brothers should cover your incurred expenses but, they can't legaly be held liable for anything beyond a refund for the overage. You would probably win a small claims case, but persuing it might cost more than you would recover.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....

Last edited by panhandler62; 10-21-2009 at 11:38 PM.
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #27
SIXT8LOU

hey.....I agree ,it sounds like thier fault. call Brothers and ask to speak to the owner, ive meet them a few times and they are a family owned business,(i only live a few minutes from thier shop) they have never given me or other friends of mine any problems. I will say this the Truck shop in Orange, ca. is also a great local vendor..
SIXT8LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #28
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclairmo View Post
It's not his fault. However, we have all been through this before and you need to keep more than a $50 reserve in your account (if possible) just in case. If not possible, then maybe wait on the parts purchases. Also, I buy my parts from the Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA, much cheaper prices and most of their stuff is decent quality. You can search here for opinions on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXT8LOU View Post
hey.....I agree ,it sounds like thier fault. call Brothers and ask to speak to the owner, ive meet them a few times and they are a family owned business,(i only live a few minutes from thier shop) they have never given me or other friends of mine any problems. I will say this the Truck shop in Orange, ca. is also a great local vendor..
I have had bad luck with Brothers a lot, as far as them not having things in stock. I live right down the street from them too. As far as prices, they are usually higher than The Truck Shop (their HUGE advertising budget is probably why ) and Truck Shop has pretty much everything in stock so I can put my hands on it before I buy it But Brothers are not bad people at all, very friendly folks, and they put on a fantastic truck show every year. I am sure if you call and ask to speak to the owner, he will do his best to rectify your situation.

Last edited by leddzepp; 10-22-2009 at 01:07 PM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #29
6erWebb

I asked to speak with the owner last time I called and they said they couldnt do that..., and they did refund the 154.. but after the overdrafts came out which they were responsible for I have 35 bucks left.

Like I said, Im a college kid and money doesnt come easy for me. Many things I have I can do without but when someone messes with my hard earned cash?...

I know a layer, personal family friend, who is the best in the state. If I dont get compensated they will hear from him. I dont care what I have to do. The fine people at brothers will know you dont screw customers like that.
6erWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #30
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Have you contacted john@brothers here on the forum? I know you have called them, but he may be able to discuss your concerns as well.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #31
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Like I said, keep us posted.
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #32
MacAttack
283 Drama Queen

Brothers was once a great operation - very cooperative.

They were out of stock on a wiper assembly for my 66 GMC and they e-mailed me accordingly. I e-mailed them back and said that should at least be worth a hat. Two days later (this was three years ago) I got one in the mail. Not a junkie one, with the plastic band in the back, but a class "A" hat - that I still use for fishing.

I've ordered many items from them over the years, but it seems that they've recently gone 'major-league corporate' and forgotten what customer service is about. The family control - isn't any more - and I now put them in the same drawer as Classic Industries. (NFG).

Mac.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #33
John @ BROTHERS

PM sent.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #34
bigblock73
yeller

I used to work at a bank, as a teller. I have seen this happen quite a bit actually. The bank I work at would usually reverse the fees if something like this happened, once they could see a record of the reversed over-charge and that it was not the customers fault. Perhaps see if your bank will help you if Brothers doen't make good on their end. Just a suggestion.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #35
6erWebb

Just to update everyone, a represenitive at brothers contacted me today as well as the bank stating that actions were being taken to reverse the overdrafts at the bank, and the rep. also told me if the bank couldnt help me Brothers would try to make it right so...happily I finally got in contact with the right person at brothers and as of now, all is good.
6erWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #36
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Ok, thx for the info. I'm glad it worked out for you and I'll feel a little better about buying something from them again.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #37
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

we had this problem with PINKS we bought 130 dollars worth of shirts and they charged us twice be sure to pay with cash and not a credit card when you can actually pick the item up
Old 10-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #38
Truck Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6erWebb View Post
Just to update everyone, a represenitive at brothers contacted me today as well as the bank stating that actions were being taken to reverse the overdrafts at the bank, and the rep. also told me if the bank couldnt help me Brothers would try to make it right so...happily I finally got in contact with the right person at brothers and as of now, all is good.
Glad that it's being taken care of, now you can get that weatherstrip job done

Dave
Truck Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #39
63deluxfleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycool72 View Post
In my opinion, they are not responsible for anything except a refund for the second charge and a refund for the original parts if you decided you didn't want to do business with them...thats all. The bank stuff is on you, if you had a decent history with them they would waive any overdrafts.
sorry but i have to keep it clean on this site...man whats wrong with some people...sounds like a company man to me maybe the brothers vendor on this site??? anyway if this guy ran a business with these ethics he would run it to the ground. these bigwigs think that what ever they do wrong is justified. they dont understand that people have a budget to live on, and they are happy to pay hard earned dollars to build what they love. these people are hard working people, they are the backbone of this country. these companies that run business with garbage customer service and billing need to get out of the market or change their ways. if some one told me that at a store they would have a broken face for sure....

.......THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS.....

Last edited by 63deluxfleet; 10-27-2009 at 10:21 PM.
63deluxfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #40
Raider Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6erWebb View Post
Seems to me you jumped to some conclusions about Brothers that were not warranted! They were never screwing you & there was never any intent to screw you. When a situation like that occurs the bank should always reverse the overdraft fees! You owe Brothers an apology!
Raider Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:04 AM   #41
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Rudy View Post
Seems to me you jumped to some conclusions about Brothers that were not warranted! They were never screwing you & there was never any intent to screw you. When a situation like that occurs the bank should always reverse the overdraft fees! You owe Brothers an apology!

I disagree.....he tried talking to them and was getting nowhere, him bringing it to the attention of people here is what helped him get it solved, or at least headed in the right direction. That is one of the great by-products of this Review forum.
It wasn't the banks fault, was it? why should they be responsible for the charges?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #42
CB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
I disagree.....he tried talking to them and was getting nowhere, him bringing it to the attention of people here is what helped him get it solved, or at least headed in the right direction. That is one of the great by-products of this Review forum.
It wasn't the banks fault, was it? why should they be responsible for the charges?
X2! 100% agree. Glad to hear everything is working out for the guy though.
CB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #43
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Quote:
X3!!!

The responsibility fell on Brothers. They came through and did the right thing in the end and that's what matters.

Last edited by highperf4x4; 12-04-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: not x2 but x3 lmao
Old 12-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #44
Raider Rudy

Quote:
Most times it is never the banks (fault) but they should always refund the charges in a case like that! You are missing the point
Old 12-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #45
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Rudy View Post
Most times it is never the banks (fault) but they should always refund the charges in a case like that! You are missing the point
no, I got your point....I just don't agree with it
Old 12-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #46
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

Neither do I.

And I'll bet Brothers would like to see this thread die out Rudy

Last edited by highperf4x4; 12-05-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #47
Raider Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by highperf4x4 View Post
X3!!!

The responsibility fell on Brothers. They came through and did the right thing in the end and that's what matters.
Yeah I know! So did the guys at the bank & that was the point I was trying to make. No Mas

Last edited by Raider Rudy; 12-05-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #48
joe231

Quote:
Neither do I.

that, my friend is a good point
Old 12-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #49
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

Quote:
Neither do I.

so we're not gonna let that happen right
Old 12-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #50
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

stop being onery Jr.

the force will be strong upon thy backside!!!!