The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Dynomutt

Angry Brothers strikes again

Placed another order with Brothers and once again the items are backordered and NO notification of any sort. Ordered the items online last week, got an email saying, "After your order is processed, in stock items are normally shipped within 1-2 business days. Back ordered items may take up longer for delivery." but nothing saying anything was on backorder. I status the order today (over a week later) and see "items backordered no delivery date specified". I call their customer service to learn that 2 of 9 items are backordered and they took it upon themselves to hold the entire order until these items come in, one has a scheduled date of 4/10/10 (for them to recieve) and the other they are not sure when will come in. What makes this more interesting is that once again, one of the items on backorder is an item that they posted in their "Spring Savings" mailer. I cancelled the entire order but I'm sure they won't care. I had forgotten how much I hate doing business with them until I spoke with the "customer service" rep.

Once again I have to start over with another vendor and I really need some of the parts I was expecting.

BTW, I placed a 6 item order with Summit on the same day and ALL of those items showed up at my door a day EARLIER than they anticipated in the order confirmation email they sent me. (which was a day after the Brothers parts should have been delivered) Funny how that works....

Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446194

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-14-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Dynomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
Joemomma1

Re: Brothers strikes again

I always wondered about brothers. Their crap seems to more than everyone else when its on sale. Summit is the sh!t. If I order early enough in the AM I can get it the same day w/ standard shipping. Usually its next day. Thanks for the notice.

Last edited by Joemomma1; 03-30-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Joemomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
POPO1984

get with mike at Mikes Bump and Grind
POPO1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
msgross

use a board vendor, no bad deals with them...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
kacz81

I order front/rear drop springs & track bar from brothers on 3/28 recieved the same email checked on order a week later via email took them 3 days to respond and tell me everyting was backordered needless to say still waiting on parts guess i'm done doing any buisness with brothers
kacz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
olblue60@aol.com

It sounds to me as though they have very little inventory. Maybe they have earned a "sticky"
1941 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1972 Camaro SS 396 #s matching
1971 Harley FX Superglide
olblue60@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
kacz81

so i'll give you an update on my order on 4/17 no parts yet sent another email wondering where my parts are 3 days later get a response saying "trackarm will ship tomorrow springs will ship in 5-7 days" well this was the exact response i got on 4/5 word for word so sent another email with a few choice words seems they "forgot about my order" seems to me l they are a faceless corperation that don't care about their customers but i recieved the track bar today 1 month later and still waiting on those springs i would reccomend not buying anything from brothers thanks for letting me vent guys
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

This is indeed a customer service issue.

In contrast, I bought a carb from Rock Auto late Friday night and early Monday
had an email, from a real person, saying they couldn't get the part, that they didn't
know a time line and that they had credited my CC.

Prices, service and company integrity hold equal value in my book.
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETsC10 View Post
This is indeed a customer service issue.

In contrast, I bought a carb from Rock Auto late Friday night and early Monday
had an email, from a real person, saying they couldn't get the part, that they didn't
know a time line and that they had credited my CC.

Prices, service and company integrity hold equal value in my book.
because as good as they are Rock Auto doesn't stock a single part
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4short View Post
because as good as they are Rock Auto doesn't stock a single part
Agreed, they don't.
However, I was looking for an early 2 bbl, orig carb for a 6 cyl Mustang.
Not an easy one to locate.
They have far better abilities for finding parts than I do and I'm willing to
pay for that service.
Had I been looking for a truck part, I would have gone to a trusted
board vendor.

I was just trying to illustrate the difference in customer service.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #11
jb4short
Damn Yankee

I know-just pointing it out because I see people associating service with inventory and the two aren't always related.

...it's a shame that people have these issues with Brothers because my experiences with them have been great. I know for a fact that they do everything they can to fill orders; even when it loses them money. I get the communication part people are griping about I just never had the issue myself and I like the service I've had from them (7 or 8 purchases).
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
daverod
SSN 706

I use Brothers a lot. Always comes in two or three days, unless it's on sale. After about a week I phone them, then it comes in two days.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

You know, unless I hadn't book marked this thread, I would have forgotten about it.

In this case, it sounds like kacz81 is getting the run-around.

I personally can't rank on Brothers because I've never dealt with them. Isolated customer
issues do not make for a bad company. Though some do.

It seems, barring the "too big for their britches" few, most vendors that deal parts for our trucks (especially
our board vendors) are really trying to be good to their customers through a good customer service system.
I've dealt with the big ones who send you a cookie cutter response and the little ones who send an email to
let you know, day-to-day, where their search for your part is, when they expect it or offer a refund.

I can think of several board vender's who I can call up, get a real person and get a real answer
...not just sell the part to me on-line and THEN go looking for it.

Some few are more corporately controlled and fall back on the attitude that if they lose a sale
or a customer, there's plenty to follow...no biggie. '$ in numbers'. Often, the customer service folks will
take the helm and save their azz but eventually, those firms end up on this board's review...thankfully.

Good luck kacz81. Hope we find out Bothers came through for you.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #14
dan42

I have used them often, but I just cancelled an order from them - for the same problem, backorder, and no information as to when the part will be in. Sorry, but I'll pay a little more if I know I can get the part in a reasonable amount of time. BTW, I just re-did a windwing that I did with their rubber seal - 2 years ago! It was cracked and the fuzz was already worn out in the window guide. You get what you pay for.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #15
John @ BROTHERS

Dynomutt - PM sent
kacz81 - PM sent
dan42 - PM sent

To all board members, feel free to contact me in regards to any questions or issues. I can be reached via PM, via phone at 951-808-9790 or via email at "john@brotherstrucks.com".
Thank you,

John Lawrence
Operations Manager
BROTHERS Trucks

Last edited by John @ BROTHERS; 05-17-2010 at 05:20 PM.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #16
72tutone

This all seems to eerie. Same here. Ordered some woodgrain items from them on the 3rd of May. Status showed in stock when ordered. Received an email that items were paid for. I had to call in to find out they were back ordered. They had two of the items in stock and were holding on the other one. I asked if they could just send the two items and send the other when it arrives. This was last week. I checked order status online and it said "will pick". I had to call again today as I was going to cancel this order, and April on the phone stated that two of the items were to be here on Thurs. And the other part was scheduled to ship today the 18th.

It would be nice to have an update on the web, and or some tracking numbers from the carrier as well
72tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
kacz81

well, called brothers on 5/10 to find out where those front springs were was told they "will ship in 5-7 days" well that was the last straw cancelled order they didn't seem to care put in an order with classic parts payed $20 more but had my parts in 3 days with tracking numbers
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
JWPOORE

Thumbs down Re: Brothers strikes again

I think this will be my last order with them as well. Ordered a dash pad, screws for it, sunvisors and a hood to cowl seal on 4.25/10. I paid via Paypal which means they got there money right away. Naturally, I got the backorder status when I checked it's progress.

I sent 2 emails, no reply. Sent a third email via the live assistant on 5/12 and 2 days later was informed it was the dash pad they were waiting on and it had arrived the day before and the order would process that day. The email was sent from John Lawrence at john@brotherstrucks.com who referred to me as "Mike", although my name is Jim. Looked online the next day and saw the status had changed to "in progress", but no tracking info or anything yet.

Now it it 5/18 and I go to check if it has been updated with a tracking number, and it now shows the order is once again "backordered". No other explanation. Needless to say, I am pissed at their terrible customer service and this is not the first time I have encounted backorders from them, but this is rediculous. If something is not in stock, update your website like others can and do. If it is not in stock, then don't make it available to purchase at that moment.

I think I will just have to call and request a refund for my money and go elsewhere unless something changes quickly. I usually give the benefit of the doubt and do not like to complain, but this seems like it is more and more becoming a pattern from a once great company to order from.

Last edited by JWPOORE; 05-18-2010 at 11:07 PM.
JWPOORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #19
kacz81

Jim, My name is Mike and John was the one that gave me the run around for over month probably thought you were me
Old 05-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
JWPOORE

UPDATE:
I received my order today, the only thing missing was the dash pad screw set which I guess is still backordered. Not anything major because I'm sure they will just send them through the mail and I'm glad they did not further delay shipping the order because of them. Checked my account online and it still shows order is backordered so I am not sure if it is because of the screws or what, but everything is fine now.

John apologized and said he mistakenly called me "Mike", no big deal anyway and I just thought it was kind of funny being that my email address had my full name on it. I understand things can get hectic, so not a problem.

Once the package was shipped, I will say it does get here quick and they always have packaged things nicely so it arrives safely. It would just be a good suggestion if they can somehow update their online system to keep up with tracking of packages or give an estimated time of arrival on backorderd items. Even an email giving a heads up on what is going on would be nice instead of the consumer having to track down what is going on and wondering what is backordered and holding up the shipment.
JWPOORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #21
dan42

An update for me as well - after emailing John and detailing my frustrations of dealings in the past, he emailed me back and responded to every concern I had, including the one regarding the wind wing seals - he even credited me back the cost of them. I won't sit here and say these guys are perfect and they aren't gonna screw up again, because they probably will (Just like everybody else on this board) but I have to say that the personal response and the direction that they are trying to take their company is very encouraging to me. John seems to have a passion for these trucks as well, and while there are going to be hickkups along the way, I think he is trying to take things in the right direction - i.e, higher quality products, quicker response time, etc. They are a big player in this market and will be for quite some time, so while it's important IMO to let them know when there are problems, they are the key to us getting better quality parts as they negotiate with their suppliers. There are less original and NOS parts out there all the time, and we will depend on companies like this to supply us with the stuff we're gonna need at an affordable cost. I will continue to purchase stuff from them as I need it, but I will also let them knw of any problems so that they can be addressed. I would encourage you guys to do so as well.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #22
72tutone

I checked my order again today, and it finally went to all merchandise shipped, however I have received no tracking.

John L I have sent you a PM requesting this information.
72tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
John @ BROTHERS

72tutone - PM sent
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #24
coloradosean2009

I canceled my recent order because of the same lack of communication. Brothers needs to update their customer service process to provide notice of backorder and current status of order.

I also have the wing seal set that I installed last fall. I was looking at it yesterday and the rubber is all cracked. Also the rubber tank gromet is shot after only 6 months. My dash pad is also cracking... I am starting to wonder if the quality of thier products is reflected in the price.

Sean
1972 C20
2005 4Runner

coloradosean2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #25
daverod
SSN 706

Rubber sucks. That's why I went with a metal dash. John seems nice.

Last edited by daverod; 05-20-2010 at 07:16 PM.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote